Ellen and Issac are terrific hosts, accomodating, always helpful yet never intruding. This location and setting are second to none in Sanibel or Captiva including very pricey resorts, This great private beach site was built when developers could still chose the prime lots. The units are screened, charming and many new updates are obvious and ongoing. Loved how it was on the west end of Sanibel away from the traffic yet near the bike paths, wildlife reserve and yet all the glitz and beauty you could want near the Captiva IS area. Shells, blue water, and seclusion and a place to park right at the beach cottage. Just walk down the sandy dune path onsite to the surf.
Almost reluctant to share this great find as we will be back!!
My adult daughter and I were there and both loved it, many, guests have been returning for years we found out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience Sanibel with the charm of Old Style Florida! Located on the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico, on the west end of the island, Tropical Winds is tucked away in a very secluded, private setting within a small residential neighborhood. Enjoy one of our beachfront or nearby cottages in our own tropical paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and Booking.com so you can book your Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Winds Motel And Cottages
- Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Tropical Winds Hotel