All reviews room efficiency deluxe studio reservation process mom and pop fresh ones full kitchen stayed for two nights private beach access bike rentals on site nice pool sister property the ritz mini fridge front porch tropical winds kitchen area rooms were very clean
Reviewed 2 April 2016

This is a small motel unit, photos show 3 A-frame cottages. These are the only 3 cottages, the other dozen rooms are single story concrete old style motel buildings. The room I was in (19) had a separate bedroom with king bed and bathroom. A very small efficiency kitchen and a nice sized living room with love seat and sleeper sofa ( good condition) plus a second full bathroom. The bathrooms both had very small stand up showers, but it was nice to have 2 bathrooms for our group of 3. Motel has a nice pool with paver deck around it, shuffle board and horse shoe areas. Bikes are available for use right on site. Motel has beach chairs, umbrellas and towels for use, plus a washer and dryer for guest use.
The best part: this motel has a sister motel right on the beach, you can park for free and enjoy the beautiful uncrowded beach.
Overall, the room was clean, needed a little TLC in places, but the property was very well kept and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank OldHouse601
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Anchor Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review!! We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It looks like you took advantage of a lot of our wonderful amenities while you were staying with us. We pride ourselves in trying to make sure we have thought of everything for you during your stay...from beach chairs and towels, to outdoor activities for all ages.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Anchor Inn and Cottages

Reviewed 14 March 2016

I had a last minute trip to Sanibel in the middle of season, so the choices were limited and the prices were high. Based on decent reviews, I decided to stay at the Anchor Inn. It is only 2 stars, but the reviews were generally good. I was willing to pay over $275/night. Unfortunately I was disappointed.

My main complaint was lack of any amenities. I was there several nights and no one took care of my room at all. I was responsible for throwing out my own garbage. I had been told that if I wanted clean towels that I should leave them outside the room, but I had no idea that this meant that no one would even sweep the floor in the room. The parking lot is gravel & shells, so the floor was dirty almost immediately.

The room was acceptable for a 2 star motel. The TV worked. The shower was fine. There were enough towels. No shampoo, etc. Only a small bar of soap, but for a place like this, no surprise. The only downside in the room was the mattress which was extremely springy.

The Anchor Inn is within walking distance of a small market and a few restaurants, but you really need either a car or bike to get anywhere.

If, during the off-season, the prices are very low, then I'd say it might be worth staying here, but since I was paying so much money, I should have paid a little more to stay in a better place.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sillycat
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Anchor Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. We pride ourselves in offering a friendly, pleasant and family like environment while still being affordable. It sounds like you are familiar with the pricing increases during Sanibel's High season months, where most hotels, and motels are all sold out and sell for upwards of 400-500 per night. I hope you do come back to the island and give us another chance to show you what a great family and friendly staffed motel we can be.

Please reach out to me directly next time you want to book.

Reviewed 4 March 2016

We have been to Sanibel many times and this was our first stay at the Anchor Inn. The room was clean but furnishings needed updating. The staff was friendly and hospitable, they offered free beach chairs and towels for use. This location is on the main drive on Sanibel and is about a half mile from the beach. The rates for the room were maybe a little high for the quality of the room. We would return at a future date if we weren't able to book a hotel on the beach.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Keith,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us you review! I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know that we are in the process of renovating our rooms. Due to the nature of Sanibel Island and the size of our location, we can only do one room at a time. So hopefully next time you book with us we can get you into one of our renovated rooms.
Please also keep in mind that we also have a sister motel located on the Beach further down the island. Just give us a call and we will get you all hooked up!! And if they don't have the room available, we will be happy to have you stay with us again.
I look forward to having you stay with us again!

Anchor Inn and Cottages.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

We will definitely come back here. Good location, great price, nice people and had all we needed. Next time would like to stay much longer! Nice that we could rent bikes on the spot...and just take off!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie L

Stephanie
Thank you for taking the time to write us your review!! We love to hear when we are doing something right!! I am excited to see you had such a great time and are already planning on returning. If you haven't already booked your next stay with us, please be sure to reach out so we can get you on the books!

Hope to see you again soon,
Anchor Inn and Cottages, Sanibel Island

Reviewed 5 February 2016

Our first time to Sanibel we booked Anchor Inn for 4 nights and thought we were getting a great deal at $300 per night. Turned out to be well maintained but very old cement block straight from the 50's. It is a good ways to the beaches so plan on uaing your car or be a good biker. Traffic can be horrendous on Sanibel. We ended up leaving early, before the weekend and were told we might be able to get a little back if they could rent out our room. We never saw any bit of return. I now know that everyplace in Sanibel would have been sold out and I'm sure someone enjoyed the extra $600. I was so disappointed. I would suggest looking elsewhere or be really careful how much you pay for this place.

Room Tip: Don't equate "quaint" with good value.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank m0tablizard

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I am sorry to hear you were less then satisfied with your stay with us. We strive to offer a family friendly affordable location for all our guests. We have a very clear cancellation policy in which we typically do not offer refunds at all, I will speak to the staff and get to the bottom of the confusion so this doesn't happen again.