“Delicious grouper”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner. We went early so there was no wait. We sat outside. Our waitress kelly was great. We had a delicious dinner then walked across the street to see blind pass beach & the sunset. After that we went to the store attached to this place and got ice cream.

2  Thank scp427

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a late breakfast here as we were making our way back from Captiva to Sanibel. We fortunately got a table outside which gave us a marvelous view of the beach and water. Our server was thoughtful and helpful and the meals were wonderful. Definitely a fine dining spot with terrific scenery.

1  Thank SteveN453
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was starving after not eating at the airports of a long flight from the opposite coast, so after checking into my hotel I came to the Sunset Grill for lunch and ordered a lightly blackened (friendly and attentive waiter's suggestion) grouper sandwich with remoulade sauce, a slice of tomato, lettuce, and pickle on the side. But my tiny side of coleslaw cost $3! I get it though. I'm in a touristy destination, and the locals gotta make a living. I liked my sandwich--bread was pillowy, sauce was tasty, fish was tender and flaky though I wish I had ordered it more blackened for more flavor. Not an inexpensive lunch but tasty enough.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for dinner without a reservation and were welcomed by Carlos P. They have a very complete wine list. The dinners were a little upscale but delicious. Great service. Our party had both fish (which was delicious) and beef, which the beef diners loved. By far, though, on our “Key Lime Pie Tour’, this pie was #1 hands down ... undoubtedly lauded over the famous key lime pie served in the South Seas Plantation area. Oh, and don’t forget the beautiful view of the sunset as you savor your meal. As Arnold Schwarzenegger said, “I’ll be back”!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

It's always nice to go back to Sunset Grill. The staff remains the same - friendly and efficient. This year we saw Carlos. The food is as amazing as ever. Their key lime pie is some of the best we've had anywhere! We had a baby with us this year - they were so gracious to our little guy!