All reviewsbeach towelshonor systemice cream shoplighthouse arealaundry roomfree bikesbathroom sinklaid backtable chairsshort walk to the beachgas grillwashing stationquiet endearly checksitting areasmall fridgequiet location
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Great cottage feel with clean welcoming room. Our room was large with comfortable king size bed. Liked the walk in shower. Beach short walk , beach chairs can be borrowed on site. Make sure you go and enjoy the sunset. Lighthouse café & Geppetto's across the street. Good food. Being at the far end near the lighthouse traffic was not as bad. Nice relaxing old FL feel.
BYOI bring your own ice !!!! No ice nearby.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zeedle B
Sanibeldawn, General Manager at Tarpon Tale Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Awesome ! I love to hear when our guests have a truly relaxing stay with us !
I hope we can accommodate you again.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The location is near Lighthouse beach which is great for shelling and fishing. The property overall is quiet with a sense of seclusion, even though it's located on a corner. All of the units have their own patios which give an added sense of privacy. We stayed in one of the units on the front and were able to sit on our patio without the feeling of being on display. The room was clean and comfortable and had a full kitchen which we took advantage of.
The staff was great! Even though they weren't always on site, Dawn, the property manager, was in immediate contact with me via text if I had any questions. One of the owners came by when we were sitting outside and was very friendly and engaging which was a nice touch.
One of my favorite things though about Tarpon Tale Inn is the complementary bicycles! We had so much fun riding the bike paths throughout Sanibel. It's a great way to save on beach parking. I also enjoyed the access to beach chairs, buckets and nets for shelling and the sink to wash off my treasures.
This was the second time I have stayed here and while other places may be more 'fancy', I loved the feeling that you were staying with someone you knew. I will be back and highly recommend the Tarpon Tale Inn!

Room Tip: rooms on the back side are more intimate
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review .
I am so happy you are a returning guest.
We work really hard to provide all you love about us.
Thank you!!!
I am looking forward to your return.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Tarpon Tale Inn is located on the quiet end of the island, close to Lighthouse Beach. It is an older inn that is a hybrid between a full-service hotel/inn and self-catering. If that's for you, you'll love it.

Pros: Complimentary bikes and beach equipment; the inn is a very short bike ride to Lighthouse Beach. The Lighthouse Café is across the street, as is a great ice cream shop. The property is well-maintained and spotless. The outdoor area is charming and has a real "Old Florida" feel. Keurig coffee and brownie bites in the office, as well as access to a computer, were a nice touch. Though no one is in the office, the owner made it clear we could contact her by text with any questions or issues.

Cons: We had a hard time getting comfortable. The loveseat in the room was really tight for two and a bit soft. The bed was so high off the ground, I had to jump up to get on it! The room was hot if we didn't run the AC at night, but the window unit is noisy. I discovered the hybrid self-catering/full-service approach probably isn't for me. Glasses and dishes are provided, but there was no daily service and no dishwashing liquid offered. Similarly, there was an in-room coffee maker, but coffee was only provided for the first day. I really didn't feel like going out and buying a pound of coffee and filters for a three night stay.

These "cons" are really personal quibbles on my part, and I wouldn't want to deter someone from staying at the Tarpon Tale Inn if they are fine with those things. It is a well-run property in a nice, quiet location that will appeal to many.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you enjoyed the Inn, our location, and all the extra amenities.
You must of reserved yourself a smaller hotel style room that does not have a kitchen.
For guests who choose the smaller units seem to like we added a little extra and offer the mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot
along with all the utensils needed . Each of these units have small washing trays and dish soap under the sinks. Space is limitted as they are not the suites with full kitchen amenities. We like to add a bit more and have much cuter rooms than most typical hotel rooms offer.
We are also proud to have the coffee bar in the lounge open 24 hours for guest use.

Thanks again for the nice review.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

We have stayed at theTarpon Tale for the past five years. This place makes you feel as if you're arrived in the Caribbean when you've just crossed the causeway from Ft. Myers to Sanibel. The rooms have everything you could want, whether you are staying for a few days or a week. Great bikes are always there for you to go all around the island. Dawn, the innkeeper is simplyTHE BEST!!! She makes you feel so warm and accommodates all your needs! My husband and I can't say enough about this place. We have been to a lot of B&B's around the country and this is at the top of the list. Sanibel and the Tarpon Tale are just cool, laid back places. We already booked next year! Thanks for EVERYTHING Dawn!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

HELLO!
Thank you!
I love it when, what we work so hard to create makes us a special place for our guests.
I appreciate the shout out and await your return.
Have a great year!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Yes, this is an older property but it has been well maintained and kept “ fresh” with lots of personal touches. We stayed in a smaller efficiency but it was all we needed for a short trip. The outside areas were comfy and lovely to relax in between bike rides and beach walks and I appreciated the out door sink to rinse off my shells. dawn, the manager was friendly and helpful going out of her way to meet any question or need. The inn is well situated and I would cheerfully return.

Room Tip: I would prefer a garden room...but give them a call and they will help you choose.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roscoeBC

We cheerfully await your return. Thank you for the kind words and I truly hope we can accommodate you again.
Take Care,