All reviews shelling bag free lounge chairs ping pong table fish tacos palm trees king room upon check nice stay the room was nice mini fridge poolside bar stayed longer beautiful grounds on site restaurant sea shells red tide spring break
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Pros: location, décor, atmosphere, clean rooms, comfortable pillows, nice pool, beach chairs and towels, tiki bar, friendly staff

Cons: Not the most comfortable mattresses, A/C is iffy, parking is tight

Overall, the whole experience was very good, and we would definitely recommend it. I'm sure we'll be back again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christy J
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Christy J,
Thank you for the details of your review! We appreciate both pros and cons. So pleased to learn you will be back again.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We are on a road trip with friends!
Two families!
We booked this motel/ "beach resort for 3 nights!'the first night we checked the beds and they were full with hairs!!! Discussing!!
More then 15 hairs from different people!!
In both the beds!
I complained and they offered to clean the beds! But hairs were everywhere!! The hygiene was poor!!
He offered to book us in another room!!
He showed us 4 rooms !! In all rooms the beds were covered with hairs!' We were tired (already 1.30 am)
I only asked for a clean room/bed!
Finally we decided that we cleaned the bed sheets! And we went to bed at 2.30 am!
After a bad night of sleep I went to the front office to speak to the manager!
This very bad skilled woman didn't even said sorry to me!
I asked her what she would offer us!' Nothing !! She told me that I could chose out of 3 rooms but I didn't want them!
Off course not because the were covered with hairs!! Filthy!!
She repeatedly told me that she couldn't satisfy me!
Ridiculous!
She said I kick you out together with your friends!
It was absolutely crazy!
We decided to leave !!
It is a old and dirty place!! The woman at the pool bar are very grumpy! It is so hot there and they don't give you an parasol!
Don't ever go there

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank juulke1925

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We apologize if there were any issues with cleanliness, not a usual problem here however we will work diligently with housekeeping to focus even more on this as well as hospitality.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent 5 nights here, and we had a wonderful time. The room was clean and nice, and very affordable. The staff was wonderful, only complaint is the tiki / pool bar closed too early and opened too late.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L S
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you so much for your comments. Our biggest compliment is when guests say they had a wonderful time and also recognize the staff services! We appreciate your input and will certainly take the comments about tiki bar hours into consideration. We are always looking to improve. We do have a food outlet open continually from 8AM to 9PM however the tiki bar hours are currently 11AM to 7PM. I can understand wanting to stay at the tiki bar longer, the view is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

This place as stated in other reviews is an old hotel chain building. It has been well kept and has a nice outdoor activity area. Includes pool, hammocks, and some outdoor games. Then just a little bit further is the beach. The water and conditions were great for our group of 5, ages from 2 years old to 57 years old. Sanibel is one of our favorites now.

Room Tip: Make sure you read the room descriptions when booking.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank RDBest

So glad you have discovered Sanibel and that you shared that time with us! Glad to hear our property was enjoyed by a diverse range of ages. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

This place is about location ... location ... location . It's an older motel/resort . Not in bad shape , but not the modern rooms that many other hotels and resorts do offer . It's not cheap either , almost $200 a night and to add on top of that ... they charge $75 a night for a pet . If I could have gone to the Caribbean I could have spent the same money and got better accommodations . There is a restaurant here that serves breakfast and dinner , and it is not cheap . You either eat here or travel to Ft Myers or Cape Coral to eat . There is a Tiki bar at the pool for lunch and drinks , also , not cheap . 2 Burgers with fries and 2 drinks ... $48 .The pool and the beach are great though ... private , quiet and very relaxing . For next year we will do better research and reserve earlier in the year . The staff is basically friendly , though check in was a bit stressful when I found out about the pet fee , the fact that they do not allow visitors , and if you lose your ID bracelet ... they charge you $35 per bracelet . Just wow , welcome to Florida , where the tourist is ripe for a juicing . All in all , we had a good vacation , just me and the wife .... and our cat .

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alexander S

Thank you so much for your review and also some great tips to help us improve. We are sorry that you felt some of our prices were high. We do try to keep them competitive and will make certain to review them in an effort to make certain we have accomplished that.
Warmest regards, Sharon