1,468 results
All reviews periwinkle building beach hut paddle boards pool bar resort fee beach staff chairs and umbrellas fridge and microwave screened in porch gulf view coffee maker second floor pool side free bikes ocean front the island cow on site restaurant
Reviewed 10 October 2018

My wife and I go Sanibel Island every year during her fall break. Purchased the flight only to find out about the red tide issues on the coast. For the past six weeks I would check websites every other day to see if the red tide had magically disappeared. There were way too many phone calls with Abe and Victoria who truthfully told me the situation. We flew down Sept 30, and still being afraid of the red tide, drove to the east coast where another property took my reservation and money no questions asked...Guess what....the red tide was there too with seaweed beyond belief. If you like coughing and not being able to breathe thats the place for you. Called the Sanibel Inn back.....and Abe told me that conditions had improved over the past several days so much that people were on the beach, in the water etc....He did correctly point out that the water was not crystal clear but fine....we took our chances.and bailed on our stay....to the Sanibel Inn.

Everything, and I mean everything, that Abe and Victoria told me was spot on....Wish we could have stayed longer..We'd like to give them a special shout out because they went above and beyond . Dave Testa also gets a shout out for bringing the chairs and umbrellas down to the beach for us as well as making sure that my wife did not have a bell on her bicycle.....We whole heartedly recommend this property and its staff

Room tip: Loved the Periwinkle building .oceanfront..
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Richard D
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Richard,

What a wonderful experience you've shared! I'm so glad that everything worked out for you to enjoy your vacation and your stay at Sanibel Inn.

We're all so glad that the Red Tide has cleared and with the recent stirring of the Gulf with the distant storms her over the last few week and the dropping temperatures everything is looking simply beautiful!

I will be sure to share your nice comments and accolades with Abe, Victoria, and Paul - they are certainly among our stars, and I'm glad you had an opportunity to interact with each of them.

Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

My wife and I made reservations for the Sanibel Inn for our anniversary. I called ahead to check on the Red Tide situation and was told that the water was crystal clear and that there were no signs of it. When we got there the beach was empty, the water was filthy dirty and dead fish everywhere. We should have know this was going to be a bad omen.

The room was to be a Guld View with a King or two Queen beds. There were two FULL size beds, the room was musty and the fixtures were 1970 at best. The beds were some of the most uncomfortable I have ever TRIED to sleep on, the A/C rattled all night long and the water pressure was so low you had to stand under the shower head just to get rinsed off.

On Saturday we wanted to relax at the Tiki Bar and watch some college football but the TV didn't work and according to the staff it had been broken for weeks. We made the best of a terrible situation and watched our game in the room.

To cap it off we were on the second floor at one end. They decided to PAINT THE STAIRS on our end the day we got there so we had to go all the way to the other end of the bank of rooms to use the stairs on that end. They had NOT started the stairs on that end even though there was no one else in the entire complex. Talk about poor planning.

All in all this was NOT a good experience. We left at daylight on Sunday just so we wouldn't have to endure any more of this horrible service.

Room tip: Don't book this hotel unless you have very low standards.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank robertsG6500KS
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear robertsG6500KS,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions and concerns. I'm so sorry that your visit fell short of your expectations. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience to see what we can do to make this right.

Please be assured that we never intend to mislead our guests regarding any situation, and with particular regard to our air and water quality, thought I'm not certain when you visited us, the local conditions on all of our beaches have been simply beautiful the last few weeks and I'm sorry that your experience did not align with what we've been seeing and our guests have been enjoying. Our staff will always give their honest account of current conditions and if they changed suddenly prior to your visit, I'm very sorry that occurred. Our reservations office is in regular contact with us as well, and we've always given our honest evaluation of what our guests can expect.

There were obviously other issues that continued to impact your stay and for those I also apologize. We clearly should have done a better job of taking care of your needs and communicating some of the minor maintenance that was occurring.

Again, I do hope we'll have an opportunity to speak soon. It's never our intent to provide anything but a memorable, positive experience for our guests, and I'm very sorry we let you and your family down.

239-472-3181
bwellman@theinnsofsanibel.com

Reviewed 29 September 2018

My husband and I just returned from a week long visit to the Sanibel Inn. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The pool was clean every day of our stay, large enough to swim or just relax with a float. The Tiki bar by the pool has happy hour daily. The staff at the inn are all friendly and helpful. The have free bike and paddle board rentals as well as a free towel service. Our room was cleaned daily however some days were later than others. All the rooms have a screened balcony, some have pegs to hang wet clothes, ours did not which made drying our swimwear a bit challenging. One downside of our room is that the chair and love seat were old and not very comfortable but we spent most of the time at the pool or beach while there. They are doing some remodeling at the Inn so hopefully all the rooms will be updated for our next stay.

Dear Luanne,

Thank you for sharing such a nice review of your stay with us. I'm so glad you found so much to your liking - from the resort overall to our wonderful pool, and the many recreation amenities included in every stay, it's great to see how much you enjoyed your visit.

I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff for their service. I also appreciated your thoughts and observations regarding the pegs to hang wet clothes and some of the furnishings in your room. As we continue to improve the resort, we'll definitely take your thoughts into consideration.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 26 September 2018

This is a very nice beachfront property with an excellent and friendly staff. Dante's restaurant and the tiki bar are both onsite and have great food! The property offers bikes, stand up paddle boards, and kayaks free of charge. The room was very comfortable and clean. This is a very well kept property that we will visit again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear John,

Thank you for sharing such a great review of your recent stay with us. We're thrilled that you came and appreciate your taking the time to share your impressions with other travelers.

I'm glad you found so much to enjoy throughout the resort and will be sure to pass along your very nice comments to our staff regarding their service, the cleanliness of your room, and their efforts at keeping the property looking great.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

For a nice weekend getaway I chose Sanibel Island and Captiva near Fort Myers, Florida. I stayed at Sanibel Inn with a nice view of the Gulf of Mexico, pool, outdoor cabana, etc. There were a lot of items to choose from but I chose to ride a bike with a lot of other tourists along the many bike paths . I found the island itself to be very quaint. I located a delicious New England seafood restaurant and had the pleasure of eating fresh fried clams by a chef who was from New England . Absolutely delicious!
I drove to Turner’s Beach and took a photo of the sign saying Captiva entrance. I parked my car and walk down to the beach and found thousands of shells and was lucky enough to see manatee in the water.
I also drove to the lighthouse at the other end of Sanibel Island and took a lot of photos. Lots of people seemed to be enjoying the beach.
I drove to Fort Meyers the next day to enjoy a murder mystery dinner on the Seminole Gulf Railway. That was FUN! 3 hours of fine dining and live acting on a moving train . Worth the surprises
The Eco-Tour by the Tarpon Bay Explorers on their pontoon boat was so peaceful and relaxing . The J. N. “Ding” Darling National Refuge has sooo many pelicans, egrets, herons, ibis and more.....we did manage to see dolphins.
There’s a huge flea market at 4135 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in Ft. Myers. Too tempting to miss.....
So much more to see and do! (Next time)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JoanneinPensacola
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Joanne,

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time at Seaside Inn! Thank you for sharing such a complimentary review of the resort and your experience visiting our beautiful Island.

I'm really glad you found so many opportunities to really explore the island, and beyond, and I'm certain other travelers will value your detailed accounts of everything you found and enjoyed.

We're excited to welcome you back when your travels bring you to our area again. Please let us know what else we can do to make your next visit even better.