Sanibel Inn
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
USD 405*
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
USD 243*
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
USD 332*
Official Site
Tarpon Tale Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
USD 178*
USD 172*
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
USD 286*
USD 207*
USD 324*
USD 265*
Orbitz.com
USD 281*
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
USD 191*
Anchor Inn & Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
USD 133*
USD 116*
Kona Kai Motel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
USD 121*
1,405 results
All reviewsperiwinkle buildingbeach hutpaddle boardsbeachfront suitepool barresort feenew york timesbutterfly gardenfridge and microwavegulf viewchairs and umbrellassecond floorpool sidescreened in porchfree bikescoffee makerthe island cow
Reviewed 5 September 2017

More than fine for the price, the room is Ok and clean, however the bathroom is not too big. TV was Ok and we could watch movies via HDMI as I had my laptop handy. Key features: air conditioning, huge parking, swimming pool, pool bar, terraces with anti-mosquitos protection net, a few steps away from the beach.
Room for improvement: small kitchen, small bathroom, no elevators. Staff was nice but still waiting for a reply about a lost object after 10 days...

Room Tip: view to the pool, second floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Freebird_71
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Freebird,

Thank you for the very nice review - I'm glad you had a great time and found so much to enjoy at Sanibel Inn.

Your suggestions for improvement are very much appreciated and will be taken into account as we continually update the inn in the future. That said, I'm very sorry that you are still awaiting information on a missing item - if you will kindly contact me directing (information below), I will help track it down.

Thank you again, we enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The pictures don't do it justice. I had to pay over $200 a night. I thought it would be nice. It was terrible, we only stayed because it was a family trip. First night we got attacked by bags and we looked like we had chicken pox. Every night and day we had bugs. I had to buy spray and use it the entire trip. Restaurant was closed and no one told us. You have the bar, who wants to eat at a bar the entire time and it's super expensive!!!!!!! It's not worth it. I see the price has dropped maybe it was my mistake for paying so much but I thought it was going to be a nice place. Horrible. Stay in Naples at the Vanderbilt or anywhere but here. I was very disappointed. The pool is very outdated and small. Cleaning service is the worst. I won't begin to describe it but horrible staff for cleaning. The front desk lady, Christina I think is her name was nice but she doesn't have much control. Bartenders are nice, young sweet lady. That's the only nice thing I can say. A rip off. I can't believe I spent over $1,000 at that place.

Room Tip: Horrible! Don't go!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank tinabobina1005
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Tina,

I'm so sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience at the Sanibel Inn. I can assure you that your impressions are not what our guests usually experience, and I hope you will contact me at your earliest convenience so that I can see what can be done to make this up to you.

I sincerely hope our team assisted you in understanding the "No-See-Ums" bugs that are prevalent throughout South Florida this time of year, but manageable with the insect balm we provide upon arrival. They are annoying, but harmless - nevertheless, it's clear they had a very negative impact on your stay and I'm terribly sorry about that.

I would also like to learn more about your impressions of our housekeeping service, as well as what has led you to note that our pool is outdated and small, as that is the first time I've heard one of our guests say that about lovely pool at Sanibel Inn. It is a large resort pool that is kept clean, updated with new and high-quality furniture, and is well-maintained, at all times.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

bwellman@theinnofsanibel.com

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed with wife and son. Location perfect but the room was dirty. Nasty rug and soiled chairs. Wanted new sheets next day they said housekeeping only changed on third day. Huh. Do yourself a favor stay away.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rick R

Dear Rick R.,

Thank you for letting us know what happened during your recent stay. I'm glad you found us and enjoyed our location but I'm very disappointed in what happened regarding the cleanliness of your room.

I'm aware that you spoke with one of our managers today regarding your visit and we appreciate your providing the additional details that will help us clarify what happened. As you now know, we do not change sheets on the "third day" - that is part of our effort to minimize the impact on our natural resources but any time a guest requests daily service either by placing their "Commitment to the Environment" card on the bed or by asking for the service, which you did. I'm so sorry someone dropped the ball on your request and I'm addressing this with our teams. Please know that what you experienced as far as this goes, as well any issues you found with our furniture and carpeting is not our standard and will always be addressed when our guests bring them to our attention.

Please contact me if there is anything we can do to make this right; we would be honored to have an opportunity to earn your trust and loyalty in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The experience at the Sanibel Inn was very unsatisfactory. The room was filthy, promised a kitchen and received a small refrigerator, no stove, kitchen had not dishes.
The room needs a major renovation, bathrooms old and dilapidated. Charges were placed on the bill that we had to dispute and made checking out a long and aggravating experience. The staff was totally incompetent and was told on the reservation that check-in was at 3:00pm. When we attempted to go to our room after 3pm the room had not been cleaned and were told by the staff that check-in time was 4pm. Again very disheartening and unprofessional. The staff gave us our room number and when we attempted to enter was told we were in the wrong building, which ended up being incorrect. We had to locate our room with the help of the maintenance persons. South Seas Resorts overall has much to be desired and could use a finer quality control and management of this particular resort. The location was satisfactory to access the main (Periwinkle Road). In the future we will take our vacation options in other locations and resorts.

Room Tip: The unit was on 2 levels and travelers with difficulty managing stairs will need to reconsider.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grsnpls
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear grsnpls,

I'm sorry that you were disappointed in your stay. While I certainly hope that you brought your concerns about the room and your overall experience to one of our staff members, if they didn't resolve them to your satisfaction I sincerely apologize. That said, I would like the opportunity to make this right, and invite you to please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may learn a bit more about the details that drove your impressions. We never want our guests leaving us with the feeling that they were let down and issues were left unresolved.

I assure you that the issue with your billing as well as our miscommunication that caused difficulty in finding your room are both very unusual situations, and not our standard, expected level of service. Again, I apologize for what happened.

Regarding our check-in time, I'm sorry that you were told 3pm was our check-in time when you booked your stay - I will address that with our reservations team. That said, although we would always like to get our guests into their rooms when they arrive, it's not always possible due to a number of factors, including the condition of the rooms upon check-out, and guests occasionally departing after check-out time without letting us know they are running late. I'm glad we got you into your room prior to 4pm and I certainly hope that there we other, more positive aspects of your stay besides the issues you experienced.

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing what we can do to let you know that we value your having selected us to host your getaway.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The Sanibel Inn is in a perfect location, perfect for a day at the beach, beautiful sunrises and family activities. The restaurant was closed but the Tiki Bar was a good option. We had breakfast there and everything was fresh and delicious. The staff was attentive and welcoming.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SharingItaly
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear SharingItaly,

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and we appreciate your selecting the Sanibel Inn ! It sounds like you left with some wonderful memories of your time together.

I'll be sure to pass along your nice compliments along to our staff - thank you for letting us know how much you appreciated their service.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another mother-daughter getaway in the future.