1,454 results
All reviews periwinkle building beach hut paddle boards pool bar resort fee beach staff new york times butterfly garden fridge and microwave screened in porch chairs and umbrellas gulf view second floor coffee maker pool side free bikes ocean front
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed with wife and son. Location perfect but the room was dirty. Nasty rug and soiled chairs. Wanted new sheets next day they said housekeeping only changed on third day. Huh. Do yourself a favor stay away.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rick R
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Rick R.,

Thank you for letting us know what happened during your recent stay. I'm glad you found us and enjoyed our location but I'm very disappointed in what happened regarding the cleanliness of your room.

I'm aware that you spoke with one of our managers today regarding your visit and we appreciate your providing the additional details that will help us clarify what happened. As you now know, we do not change sheets on the "third day" - that is part of our effort to minimize the impact on our natural resources but any time a guest requests daily service either by placing their "Commitment to the Environment" card on the bed or by asking for the service, which you did. I'm so sorry someone dropped the ball on your request and I'm addressing this with our teams. Please know that what you experienced as far as this goes, as well any issues you found with our furniture and carpeting is not our standard and will always be addressed when our guests bring them to our attention.

Please contact me if there is anything we can do to make this right; we would be honored to have an opportunity to earn your trust and loyalty in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The experience at the Sanibel Inn was very unsatisfactory. The room was filthy, promised a kitchen and received a small refrigerator, no stove, kitchen had not dishes.
The room needs a major renovation, bathrooms old and dilapidated. Charges were placed on the bill that we had to dispute and made checking out a long and aggravating experience. The staff was totally incompetent and was told on the reservation that check-in was at 3:00pm. When we attempted to go to our room after 3pm the room had not been cleaned and were told by the staff that check-in time was 4pm. Again very disheartening and unprofessional. The staff gave us our room number and when we attempted to enter was told we were in the wrong building, which ended up being incorrect. We had to locate our room with the help of the maintenance persons. South Seas Resorts overall has much to be desired and could use a finer quality control and management of this particular resort. The location was satisfactory to access the main (Periwinkle Road). In the future we will take our vacation options in other locations and resorts.

Room Tip: The unit was on 2 levels and travelers with difficulty managing stairs will need to reconsider.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grsnpls
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear grsnpls,

I'm sorry that you were disappointed in your stay. While I certainly hope that you brought your concerns about the room and your overall experience to one of our staff members, if they didn't resolve them to your satisfaction I sincerely apologize. That said, I would like the opportunity to make this right, and invite you to please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may learn a bit more about the details that drove your impressions. We never want our guests leaving us with the feeling that they were let down and issues were left unresolved.

I assure you that the issue with your billing as well as our miscommunication that caused difficulty in finding your room are both very unusual situations, and not our standard, expected level of service. Again, I apologize for what happened.

Regarding our check-in time, I'm sorry that you were told 3pm was our check-in time when you booked your stay - I will address that with our reservations team. That said, although we would always like to get our guests into their rooms when they arrive, it's not always possible due to a number of factors, including the condition of the rooms upon check-out, and guests occasionally departing after check-out time without letting us know they are running late. I'm glad we got you into your room prior to 4pm and I certainly hope that there we other, more positive aspects of your stay besides the issues you experienced.

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing what we can do to let you know that we value your having selected us to host your getaway.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The Sanibel Inn is in a perfect location, perfect for a day at the beach, beautiful sunrises and family activities. The restaurant was closed but the Tiki Bar was a good option. We had breakfast there and everything was fresh and delicious. The staff was attentive and welcoming.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SharingItaly
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear SharingItaly,

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and we appreciate your selecting the Sanibel Inn ! It sounds like you left with some wonderful memories of your time together.

I'll be sure to pass along your nice compliments along to our staff - thank you for letting us know how much you appreciated their service.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another mother-daughter getaway in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We've never been to Sanibel before so we relied on online ratings and Internet pictures to find the Sanibel Inn. Honestly, at almost $300. a night we could not be more underwhelmed and unimpressed.

The room was certainly less than clean and I had to visit the front desk to ask to have someone clean the floors. They did try to change our room, but there wasn't another water-view with a king available. We went for a walk on the beach and it did appear that someone had done the floors in our absence, but you can't make a first impression twice.

The staff seems very nice, but we will not come back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear MRW549,

Than you for letting us know about the issues you experienced during your recent visit. I'm so sorry that we let you down.

I apologize that your room was not cleaned to your expectations standards upon your arrival. I was personally involved in making sure that the specific issue you mentioned to our front desk associate was addressed immediately by our staff, and our associate indicated that you were pleased with the response and that there were no further issues.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there are other details of your stay that you would like to share. It would mean a great deal to me to learn how we could have addressed them and what it would take to encourage you to return.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We have stayed at the Sanibel Inn in the past, its a lovely hotel right on the beach, great staff and the food at the pool bar is excellent!
Could definitely do with some updating, our room was a little tired, but clean and convenient.
Very relaxing stay...

Room Tip: Definitely go for a gulf view! You can use the laundry facilities at their sister hotel next door, Songs of the Sea
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear bethmary78,

It was great to welcome you back to the Sanibel Inn and I'm glad to see you had another great stay.

I'll be sure to pass along your nice comments to our team and let them know how much you appreciated their service. We'll keep your comments regarding the rooms in mind in our ongoing efforts to continuously improve the property for our guests.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts - we look forward to seeing you again soon!