1,467 results
All reviews periwinkle building beach hut paddle boards pool bar resort fee beach staff chairs and umbrellas fridge and microwave screened in porch gulf view coffee maker second floor pool side free bikes ocean front the island cow on site restaurant
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This is an older property but is well-maintained. We enjoyed the beach, outdoor pool and tike bar, all just a few steps away. Room was clean and comfortable. Conveniently located just a short drive from a variety of restaurants (especially loved The Thistle Lodge restaurant) and shops. Road traffic a little congested at times. Otherwise, a lovely vacation spot!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnE1345
Jason T, Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hi Ann,
Thank you so much for the lovely review and for your observations of our hotel. I am so glad that you celebrated your birthday with us here at Sanibel Inn. Our business is built upon by satisfied guests such as yourself.
I hope that we will be your choice of hotel on Sanibel for your future trips and we are looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We visited Sanibel Inn near the end of July. We had a wonderful time here. The staff went above and beyond to ensure our stay was fun and enjoyable! There were chairs and umbrellas put out on the beach daily, kayaks and paddle boards available to use, a tiki bar close, grills for our use, and much more. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and our view was delightful! Plenty to do close by for everyone of all ages!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jason T, Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Hi Kristie,

Many thanks for the time you took out of your day to let us know how well we are doing here. I am very glad that you enjoyed the recreation activities we provide as well as our new Island Time Bar and Grille located poolside.
I hope that we will be able to host you again very soon when your next idea for a vacation comes to mind.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Right on the Gulf. Well kept grounds. Very clean. Good for long stay or just a few days. Great beach for shelling and Inn has paddle boats, kayaks, etc. for rental. Great little island for walking and riding bikes. Restaurant and outdoor bar. It was very hot when we were there for a few days but it was summer and that is what you expect in Florida.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Diane,
I would like to thank you for such a nice review and to let us know how we are doing for our guests. All of the bicycles and other recreation items are a part of the resort activities fee and covers so many things.
I am glad that you gave some observations for other travelers because so many of our guests rely on these honest reviews as a reference. I hope that we will be your go-to place for your next vacation.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Normally we vacation on the west end of Panama City. We met friends here for a change. We both booked the same room at the same time through the same online company. My family checked in first and our room wasn't ready (4 pm check in). My friend's family arrived 30 mins later and their room was ready. For some reason, they got an upgrade to a two bedroom unit with two baths, a full kitchen and washer dryer. They were only staying a couple of days and we were staying longer. It would've been nice to have they room to wash and dry our wet clothes and prepare meals to save money. Not sure how they got an upgrade and we didn't. Oh well. Our room wasn't ready until around 530 which we weren't happy about. We were given a $25 compensation to use at the pool bar (only place to get food and drinks as the restaurant was closed). Our room had a decent gulf view on the top floor (due to building codes, buildings built before a certain time have to be two stories or less. Also, there are only a couple of chain places on the island (DQ, Subway) which was a nice change). We had two queen beds, chair, ceiling fan, microwave, small fridge and coffee maker. The ac ran on and off (I prefer constant on to drown out any noise which wasn't an issue), and leaked water all over our balcony. The balcony is screened (they are at all hotels) and you will quickly discover why- to protect you from the no-seeums. At check in we were given two small bottles of big lotion. Use it especially at night. The screen however was a problem for me as I do photography. I couldn't get any lightning shots from the safety of my balcony as I do in Panama City. The beach was too far and open from which to safely shoot. The hotel charges a fee but allows you to have use of beach/pool towels, lounge chairs at the pool and beach, beach umbrellas, kayaks, SUPs, tennis gear, and bikes (everything before 5pm when the beach hut closes. Bikes you can check out some after 5 and the front office but they have to be back before dark as there aren't any reflectors). We weren't able to use any kayaks or SUPs as we awoke to a tropical storm and the ocean was rough for the week. We did use the bikes a lot and the rain made things cooler. We rode about 2.25 miles to the lighthouse a few times and for ice cream at Pinnochio's (a must visit). There are bike trails all over the island which we really liked. The resort grounds are beautiful with a wide variety of tropical flowers and key lime trees. Butterflies and little lizards were everywhere. At night and after the rain the frogs would sing. There was flooding from the storm and oyster catcher birds came right up to feed. The staff was wonderful and friendly including the grounds keepers, and housekeepers. The only complaint I have is that we didn't get clean/dry towels for a couple of days because they ran out. The bathroom did not have any air vents so the one place where you could hang wet clothes/suits/towels had no air flow to dry things out. The balcony had no place to hang things plus between the rain and humidity there was no chance of drying anything. The resort doesn't have any laundry facility unless you have one in your room. The beach was small (i.e. not wide enough for skim boarding) and the sand isn't as sugary as it is in the Panhandle. While we enjoyed the small quaint feel of the resort and island, and loved the bike paths, we will be returning to Panama City for the clearer blue green waters and sugary sand beaches.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SCalison
Bill W, General Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Scallson,

I'm so glad you found us and overall enjoyed your vacation at Sanibel Inn and Sanibel Island.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts in such a detailed and descriptive manner - your compliments of our staff, our grounds, and our many services included with your stay are very much appreciated. It sounds like you had some great bike rides around the island!

I'm sorry you ran into a few glitches due to our housekeeping linen issue, the heavy rains from Tropical Storm Emma and the upgrade situation your friends were able to enjoy; at times, our room inventory requires room type changes that can't necessarily be applied to every reservation but I apologize that you weren't quite as lucky as your friends!

I'm glad you gave Sanibel a try; hopefully you'll find your way down to us again and I hope you'll be our guest when you do. We enjoyed having you with us!

Bill Wellman
bwellman@theinnsofsanibel.com
239-472-3181

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Stayed here with my wife and 2 children 6 and 8. The pictures on their web site show the property in a much better light. Not exactly as nice. Stayed 2 nights / 2 different rooms.. Top floor at this resort means 2nd floor. There are basically 2 floors. First nights room in pink building 2125? was a corner unit king suite right across from reception that had seen better days. Once we opened the door the smell came out at us. Smelled like a large dog urinated in the suite or a serious case of mold in the room. Old, noisy and smelly AC unit in bedroom was very loud cycling on and off every 5 minutes. This room should not have ever been offered out to the public. Unfortunately, they were sold out so couldn't swap to a newer / different room after going back to the front desk. Not a good nights sleep. No coffee maker / coffee in room, half a roll of tp for 4 people - hello housekeeping?

Front desk was understanding and moved us to a cleaner / better smelling room 3124 the next day with no extra charge which there shouldn't have been.

Pool is okay, tiki hut okay, beach / towels are fine. Did ride the bikes to the lighthouse they offered and it was alot of fun. The resort itself is nicer than the rooms.

I did notice alot of smokers and alot of cigarette butts on the property if that says anything. We don't smoke.

All in all, for the money I felt the rooms and resort were dated and not worth the $300+ a night money. (Room, taxes, fees, etc).

We would not come back to this particular location.

Room tip: Top floor (2nd floor) beach view is your best view. Ocean view means a sliver view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Steven,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to recap your impressions of your recent stay with us.

While I'm glad you found the resort overall, and our recreation offerings to your liking, I'm very disappointed to learn that there were some issues with your room. We take pride in making sure all of our guests have a relaxing stay and a clean and scent-free room is a must! We should be able to determine the room you were first in and look into what happened there. I will also address the issues with the coffee and toilet paper with our housekeeping team.

I can understand that you are resistant to return; however, I hope you will contact me directly at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss what we can do to make this up to you and perhaps renew your trust for a future visit.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bill Wellman