1,463 results
All reviews periwinkle building beach hut paddle boards pool bar resort fee beach staff new york times fridge and microwave chairs and umbrellas screened in porch gulf view second floor coffee maker pool side free bikes ocean front on site restaurant
Reviewed 23 January 2015 via mobile

We stayed in a two BR condo. It worked well for two couples (although one room did have twin beds that can be pushed together). Our room was very nice and kept clean by the staff. Our balcony had a beautiful view of the beach.
We enjoyed the bike rentals, umbrellas, & towels that came included in the resort fee. If you've never been to Sanibel, bicycles are a common mode of transportation around the island. Bike trails accompany just about every road.
We will definitely return to the Sanibel Inn next time we visit Sanibel!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah G
Charlie W, Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Sarah G, thank you for your kind review of Sanibel Inn! We are so glad you were able to come stay with us and experience all the wonderful amenities we have to offer. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2015

My hubby's overall observation summed it up nicely - "It's an Inn trying to be a Resort."

Spent a week at this Inn between Christmas/New Years with family of 4. Booked the "Family Unit". Not exactly sure what to expect and pictures/description showed a modern stainless steel/granite efficiency-type unit with 2 bedrooms/bath and small 'living area." We arrived to discover that we had actually book a full 2 Bed/2 Bath condo unit with full kitchen and W/D! While that was a happy surprise, we were unprepared for the Golden Girls décor and 80's style appliances. I admit the unit was VERY clean, the beds appeared to have new mattresses and everything worked. We learned later that the condos are independently owned, and several are managed by the Inn property - felt like we were sold a bill of goods that first night. Would have prepared for a full kitchen differently if we'd known. However, we did enjoy having a full kitchen and screened lanai for meals/playing cards and the extra space with 2 teenagers was a plus.

Aside from the unit, we were disappointed in the amenities - will admit that the Inn was completely full all week, and we estimated over 300 guests. What was advertised as access to beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, paddle boards, kayaks and beach bikes for a daily "resort fee", in practice was 1 friendly, but overworked staff member manning a forlorn beach hut with about 100 chairs for 300 guests, towels that must be signed out/in daily and ran out by lunchtime (why didn't they stock them in the rooms???) and a waiting list for the 10 kayaks/paddle boards. We brought our own bikes so can't comment on their availability, but noticed they seemed to be gone by 10:00 am every day. (And the bikes were the BEST way to get around the Island as the traffic was bumper-to-bumper gridlock.

While not a bad place to spend a week bumming on the beach (the shelling was great), I'm not sure we'd go back.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jenn B

Jenn B, thank you for staying with us at Sanibel Inn. I am glad we were able to accommodate your family in one of our condo units and allow you all to have enough space to enjoy yourselves. I'm sorry to hear that our amenities were not entirely available to you throughout your stay. Please know that we are taking this into consideration and will make whichever adjustments necessary to ensure this does not become a consistent issue. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2015

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo....the decor was tired...rugs were clammy feeling..bed spread was not clean. One sink wasn't draining properly and they were very fast about fixing it. The screened in porch was nice. The resort fee is kind of a waste given that all I used was a towel.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Donna M

Donna M, thank you for staying with us at Sanibel Inn. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your sink, but I am glad we were able to fix the issue very quickly. Hopefully we will see you again soon, and perhaps you will be able to enjoy some more of the many amenities that we offer within our resort fee.

Reviewed 16 January 2015 via mobile

I was not impressed with the hotel. The staff was not helpful, and the cleaning service left patio door open everyday. I spoke to the front desk about this, they were not to concerned, but I was. There is not a pad of paper, pen, or tv guide in the room. Beds and pillows were horrible. The best experience at the hotel was access to the beach, and they brought chairs, umbrellas, etc down for you. I do not feel that the money I paid to stay here was equal to my experience.

• Stayed: January 2015
3  Thank shelmarvkate
Charlie W, Manager at Sanibel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2015

Shelmarvkate, I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay at Sanibel Inn was anything less than excellent. I assure you I will be inquiring about the issues you described and will make certain it is not repeated. If you would like to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 239-472-3181. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2015

We visited Sanibel in early December and stayed at the Sanibel Inn. What a welcoming staff at the reception desk! We were in the Periwinkle on the second floor and loved our room. The view of the gulf was wonderful, the room was spotless and very comfortable with a screened in porch that we really enjoyed. It was quiet and off the main road. An added benefit was the delivery of a newspaper each morning. When we left I forgot my jacket in the closet. The front desk bent over backwards to get in touch with me so they could return it. The jacket was sent to my home and I won't forget their kindness in returning it to me. We will definitely go back and stay with them again.

Room Tip: The Periwinkle and was very quiet with a great view.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 994Catlover

994Catlover, thank you for staying with us at Sanibel Inn! We are happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit very soon. Thank you for your kind review!