Just returned from a short stay at the Seaside Inn and only have great things to say about the place. Staff were very friendly and helpful when we checked in, giving us lots of info about local restaurants etc. We stayed in a cottage, which was spacious and had obviously been recently renovated with modern fittings and a lovely bathroom with a great shower. Probably the best thing about the Seaside Inn is the location, it's right on the beach in lovely gardens, only a short bike ride from most of the main shops and restaurants. (taxis to the other side of the island and Captiva are fixed price from $10 - $30). I'd reccomend taking a couple of bikes and having a ride around the island, there are dedicated cycle paths everywhere and cars have to give way to pedestrians and bikes which makes travelling by bike very easy. I spotted a review here complaining that the bikes that you can take for free from the Seaside Inn 'don't have breaks', but to me that's just someone trying to find fault. They are fixed gear bikes, so you simply peddle backwards to stop - hardly a major inconvenience!?
All in all, the Seaside Inn is a fantastic place to stay, only downsides were that the wi-fi was a little hit and miss, and there is no bar or restaurant on site, but there is a bar at their sister property a short walk away.
I'd suggest driving up to watch the sunset at the mucky duck on Captiva. The food is fairly average, but the location and the ambiance are second to none. Timbers restaurant was the best food by far - amazing seafood and brilliant service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seaside Inn invites you to rediscover the charm of a quaint beachfront inn on beautiful Sanibel Island where life’s pace is slower. Unwind by the pool or enjoy a day at the beach looking for shells or soaking up the sun. Seaside Inn offers personalized service along with 32 newly renovated guestrooms, suites and cottages with interiors inspired by the sun bleached sand beyond the dune. Each guestroom and suite is furnished with a comfortable king or queen beds with views of the pool or beach. The cottages offer a separate living area with a new sleeper sofa, full kitchen and one bedroom with a king bed. Each cottage has a deck just off the living area to enjoy the Florida sun with family while overlooking the pool. Each day a complimentary continental breakfast basket is delivered to the rooms for the next morning’s enjoyment. While on Sanibel enjoy the wide variety of outdoor adventures. Spend time exploring the 23 miles of paved nature trails that wind through the wetlands with one of the bikes provided by Seaside Inn. Visit the J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge to view a wide variety of migratory birds and explore an unspoiled mangrove ecosystem. For more active play, Sanibel Island offers 18 holes of golf on 75 acres of natural lake view fairways and Audubon Cooperative Society wetlands at the Dunes Golf & Tennis Club. For play and relaxation, let Seaside Inn welcome you to the pace of island living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Hotel Sanibel Island
- Seaside Inn Sanibel Island
- Seaside Sanibel Island