“Beautiful Stay”
Review of Song of the Sea

Song of the Sea
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just returned from our stay at Song of the Sea and I have to say it was wonderful. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The resort is well maintained and was a nice quiet place for our romantic get-a-way. Our room was gulf front on the top floor and we had a very nice view. But I could see that any room in the resort would have been a good choice.

I would also like to say I am not usually a continental breakfast person, but they put out a very nice spread. We ate there every morning.

There is a new restaurant right next door, Dante’s. They advertise as coal fire pizza, and it was delicious, but they have much more. I hear they may add room service or at the least, take out soon.

I highly recommend Song of the Sea and would gladly stay there again if we return to Sanibel.

Note: If you want to find nice shells, you have to dig in the water. You can purchase a sand rake at some of the local shops. The resort should consider adding that to the list of rentals—like the bikes.

Room Tip: 2nd floors offer better view. All have screen enclosed porches.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Bill W, General Manager at Song of the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Foreversummer PNJ,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for taking a few minutes to share such a glowing and detailed review of your experience.

I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff and also let them know how much you enjoyed your room, the overall upkeep of the resort, and our complimentary breakfast on the patio.

I'm glad you had an opportunity to enjoy Dante's, at our sister property next door, the Sanibel Inn. They do indeed have so much more to offer beyond great pizza and we're excited about how well-received this new restaurant has been!

We look forward to seeing you again soon, when your travels bring you back to Sanibel Island.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Over the past 27 years we have stayed here 12 times when in the Florida area. This has always been our favorite place. We hadn't been to the song of the sea for 3 years til this month. It needs some definite updating and maintenance work. We stayed in room 4106 on the first level, never stayed in that room before. There were quite a few dead buds on the screens and around the outside door. The patio screen had patches on it. The bed was lumpy and the pillows flat. The cleaning service was not that good. One day no one came and another day we had to flag someone down at 4 pm before we left for dinner to clean the room. The pool , gulf /beach area, and breakfast were exceptional. We will be in the area again next year. Would like to give it another try..but not sure. Use to LOVE this place. Hopefully things will improve.

Room Tip: Room 4106 needs updating. First floor rooms walk right out to the pool..very convenient
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan,

I'm so sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty over so many years and never intended to let you down this time.

Please be assured, especially in light of the many positive experiences you've had at Song of the Sea in the past, that the items you mentioned are clearly exceptions to our usually high standards of service, cleaning, and quality. I am addressing the issues to ensure that what you experienced will not recur.

I would like to make sure that you continue to love Song of the Sea and it would mean a great deal to us if we could discuss what we can do to renew your loyalty. Please contact me at your earliest convenience or prior to your next trip so that I may personally ensure you have a stay that exceeds the standards you've seen in the past.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Song of the Sea is amazing. The grounds are beautiful. The room has an old world charm and was exactly as described on their website. The room was very clean and comfortable. The 2nd floor gulf view was amazing. This resort makes you feel like your in a tropical paradise. The hotel staff was great. Sue helped us get to know the island. She was absolutely amazing. Made us feel right at home!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2017

My wife and I visited the Song of the Seas for a four night stay two weeks after the hurricanes. We were delighted to see that the property was remarkably in tact and everything looked great. This is due in no small part to the friendly and highly effective maintenance crews we frequently saw on the grounds.
We had a very nice end unit room that consisted of a main bedroom, a small kitchenette, a small bathroom, and a small bonus room at the rear of the unit. The bonus room was a bit odd but we used that to stow our gear and as a dressing room - worked out great. The buildings and rooms are a bit dated, the bathroom, while clean, had some condition and size issues (it is very small), and the furniture is just worn. On the upside, the kitchenette was very well outfitted with plates and utensils, the furnished screened in porch was great, and the bed was comfortable.
We were looking for a quiet place to just unwind for a few days and The SOS delivered. Great pool deck, lovely grounds, great beach with complimentary lounge chairs and umbrellas just steps from the room, and lovely grounds. They have complimentary bikes and kayaks if the spirit strikes you. The pool bar at the sister property next door is a don't miss - great happy hour and an OUTSTANDING cheeseburger. Its a 2 minute walk through the new hardscape.
The complimentary breakfast is so-so. mostly bagels/pastry, coffee, and juice. Nothing special. The location of the Song of the Seas on the island makes it very convenient to the best breakfast (and dinner) spots on the island. All in all it was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Second floor has best views, ground floor has best access.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

My husband and I recently returned from a four night stay at the Song of the Sea. This was our second time staying here and hopefully won’t be our last! We had a gulf front room on the top floor and the view was totally worth the extra cost! Our room was very clean and comfortable. If I had to complain, I would say the floors need updating. Very old, red tile. I know there were clean but they just looked dirty. But I don’t go on vacation to worry about floors so all was good! The pool area was very nice and relaxing for an after the beach dip. There were always plenty of clean beach towels near the pool. The beach was beautiful and there were always chairs/umbrellas available for guests use. I found a ton of beautiful shells! Much more on this trip then on our last trip. We used the available bikes and took a ride to Ding Darling. It was a long ride but totally worth it! The provided breakfast each morning was a treat. I loved sitting in the little court yard enjoying breakfast. The staff were all nice and professional. A special shout out to Sue who was always so friendly and bubbly! On our last afternoon, my husband and I saw the most beautiful rainbow on the beach. It was a perfect way to end a great stay. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing time, this is the place to go!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for gulf front! The view is worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Bill W, General Manager at Song of the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Butterfly,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your such a nice review of your stay with us. I'm so glad you had such an amazing and memorable stay!

We appreciate your comments regarding the terrazzo tile floors in our guest rooms - while they add a charming and luxurious feel to the rooms, they do tend to darken over time. You're correct that they are indeed very clean, but we realize the need to take care of the situation and we are currently going through each of them to renew their look. I can assure you that when you return, you will notice the difference!

I'll be sure to pass along your thanks to Sue - she's certainly one of our most service-oriented team members and will appreciate your nice comments.

Thanks again, we appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon!