“Lunch”

Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Sandestin
Price range: USD 7 - USD 17
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: With Nearly two decades of restaurant management and menu development experience, Bryce Jarvis knows what a customer expects from a resort restaurant. "I'm passionate about providing a great experience for our customer, and the Sunset Bay Cafe gives me the opportunity to share what I love best about food and Destin, Sandestin, The Beaches of South Walton, and the Emerald Coast with both visitors and locals alike." The Sunset Bay Cafe space has been a number of different restaurants over the years, but Bryce, and his co-owner Gary Jarvis, feel the location needs a locals touch to really make the most out of the views and the ingredients available to the kitchen. As captain of The Backdown 2, Captain Jarvis lends an expert's eye to local and sustainable seafood and fresh ingredients. "Our menu really focuses on the best ingredients available every season, " he says. In addition to classic breakfast favorites like pancakes and waffles, diners will be able to taste some really innovative twists on classics, like Roast Beef Benedict and a fish of the day. Located near the Linkside Conference Center, the restaurant overlooks Choctawhatchee Bay and offers a full bar, outside dining options, a Tiki bar, and "grab and go" options, perfect for the golf course, the pool, or the beach. Holy Cakes, an award winning bakery owned by Bryce's wife Miranda, provides an assortment of muffins and cupcakes daily, and social orders by request. The Sunset Bay Cafe celebrates the spirit of "Old Florida" while encouraging innovative cooking emphasizing fresh, local ingredients.
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Nice lunch, Great View, a little pricy, Softshell Crab Poboy was very good two small crabs very tasty with good fries, also a big burger cooked right was pretty good.

1  Thank Ben1013

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Great eggs Benedict and the hollandaise is fantastic. The omelets are very well prepared. They will take reservations and the views are wonderful. I find this to be a great stop for breakfast. One of the best!

1  Thank Txexterminator
Reviewed 13 November 2017

So, if one is paying around $15 for eggs benedict, ought one not expect buttery, lemony, yellow hollandaise sauce? Their's was probably Sysco out of a can --or they should just chuck their chef right into the bay there. Unnexceptable.
Cold, half-toasted english muffins and the specially ordered blackberry preserves were dry, scary and made us not even want the food. We'd never go back.
We visited off season and there were no restrooms in walking distance. The prices ought to have reflected this.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Took a chance on this place for a late lunch and I’m so glad we did. The food was delicious and we were able to sit outside in the shade with a beautiful view of the bay. This time of year it’s slow and they were doing some renovations out front but this didn’t affect our experience.

I had the shrimp and grits (which included red eye gravy and a poached egg on top). This was a uniques twist on shrimp & grits and boy was it good. Highly recommend this one. My wife had the fried shrimp and fries which was very good as well.

They also have designated parking spaces for restaurant patrons which helps.

Bryce J, Owner at Sunset Bay Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that you had a great time visiting us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

This cafe is located in a hotel conference center attached to the Wyndham Bay Club. You will need to go through the security gate of the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort to get there. The conference center is currently under renovation. After we were seated, it took the waitress almost 10 minutes to come take our drink order. We were ready to order our food by that time. My husband and I both ordered the “make your own” omelette. The omelettes tasted like they had sat on the pass for several minutes before being served. The omelettes tasted excellent except for that and the hash browns were very good. The coffee was lukewarm and weak for my taste. I had to ask the waitress for a refill on my coffee. There is one table closest to the water but the others just give you a partial water view and full view of the pool. I will find some other breakfast places to try.

1  Thank Tiffanykhp

Tiffany,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We would love to discuss your visit further if you would like. You can reach us at 850-267-7108 ask for Aimee.