USD 211
The Birchwood(St. Petersburg)
USD 243
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 273/night.

USD 197
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
USD 234
USD 182
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 244/night.

USD 145
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
USD 128
USD 124
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
USD 106
USD 80
Priceline
All reviewsfridge and microwavela quintachange roomsroom was clean and comfortablebath towelsthe ground floorbeautiful poolother hotelsrobinkiapupspetsstniteshurricaneirmapete
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here in March with my twin sister Denise and my niece Sarah for spring break. The grounds were clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating the General Manager Dawn was over the top. She addressed every concern we had swiftly ((not enough towels in the pool area). The hidden Oasis of fountain and chairs between the buildings was both delightful and calming. We spent our whole Friday at the outdoor pool soaking up sun, and making new friends from all over. The pool was chilly but it didn’t stop the kids from getting in. The staff allowed us to take food into the pool area which helped facilitate the making of new friends and keeping the kids fed. We have decided whenever we go to St Petersburg, Fl we will stay here. Eight miles to the beach (close to Madeira, Treasure Island and Reddington). The liquor store right across the street was great and the 24 hour Denny’s next door was convenient since they don’t offer breakfast, but I’ve been assured by the Manager Dawn Stevenson that is on her list of future plans to make this a major tourist destination. We plan to return for Spring Break next year and can’t wait to see how far they have come. The cheap rates and over the top customer service by Dawn and her staff makes this a must stay property.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank debrown0608
RedRoofinnManagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Bay - St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

I want to Thank You for taking the time out of your busy schedule to put a review up on Trip Advisor. Us All here @ The Red Roof Inn appreciate the Great compliment. We are doing our best to make sure everyone of our guest our happy with there stay each and everyday. I will share this review with my staff.

Dawn

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Only stayed one night to catch plane at St Pete airport. Near airport. rooms so so what could be expected for the money. Staff was wonderful. I was so impressed with how friendly and helpful they were.

Thank You once again, Dawn Stephenson

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Staff is very very nice..
The hotel needs some work but its a good value for the money..The back of the hotel looks like trouble but they put us towards the front and no issues..they have weekly rates so maybe the 'residents' are an issue..

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank You once again, Dawn Stephenson

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This is an honest review from a couple that is not very pretentious but loves a reasonable level of comfort and cleanliness. My husband and I stayed 7 nights at the St. Pete Red Roof Inn around St. Patrick’s Day. I booked through the hotel itself because they offered a better price than Internet companies. We had to fly from Chicago to meet a real estate broker and developer. We had a nonsmoking room but to my sensitive nose (but not to my husband’s) the smell of stale smoke was still there. I would recommend before checking into a room to double check how the curtains and draperies smell. The room is rather small, but had a reliable fridge and microwave, which was important to us. Mattresses were OK, pillows were old. They had lost their fluffiness and became clumpy. A/C cooling was adequate and not very loud. The room was light enough and had many conveniently located electrical outlets. The weather was chilly and cloudy, therefore the few lounges around the pool were enough even though the motel had a full house. Misti and Leslie, front desk clerks, were very friendly, and did everything to accommodate our needs. Housekeeping was not on the daily basis. So we had to remind and request bed linen and towels change, mopping the floor, and cleaning the bathroom including commode. Teresa truly and sincerely cares about the guests and the motel's reputation. She does not work on the second floor but she was the one who gave a full cleaning to our room after four nights. I did not hear a single word of apologies from Loretta, housekeeping supervisor, although I addressed to her our concerns. There were no problems with parking even though it was a full house. Most of the time the thermoses in the lobby did not contain hot coffee and hot water for tea. We were glad that we had brought our own shampoo and soap and we should brought Kleenex with us. It is hard to say how clean were the premises because there was palm trimming going on. Lealman district is safe to stay. At the time when all hotels were sold out and Red Roof offered very good rate I was happy booking that room.

1  Thank nina_swims

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We have just converted all of the rooms inside the court yard to Non smoking rooms. I'm very sorry you were not happy with your room here. I assure you that your comments will be taken to heart and addressed. I will also assure you that every staff member's first priority is guest safety and we would never compromise that for anything in the world. Our staff works very hard to make each guest's stay perfect but occasionally, we do fail. The Hotel is going through many changes right now, including changing policies and undergoing an extensive a renovation right now, so we hope to address many of your facility related concerns very soon. We do hope you give us another opportunity to WOW you next time you are in the area. .

Reviewed 28 March 2018

check in was slow. had to come back to check in. they said short on housekeepers.Day 1 saw roaches about 10. told front desk they said they would send someone next day to spray.Day 2 They did. We asked them to mop and sweep floors due to dirty floors. When we got back to room after exploring some of St Petersburg room still wasn't clean had to wait. Came back 3 hrs later it was done. Came back in room 1 hr later started to see more roaches, we went and bought roach traps and spray. So we sprayed it again. Killed 16 roaches that night. couldn't be moved to another room due to all booked up. Day 3 We sprayed again and killed more roaches. Told them to mop and sweep again. Day 4 before we left to take dogs to dog beach we sprayed again and told them to mop and sweep, feet still getting black after showering.They never checked again to see if they could move us to another room.. Under bed was thick layers of dirt,dust and old flip flops. Housekeeping never cleans under beds so how do you expect to get rid of roaches. Toilet stool didn't flush right had to use bucket of water to flush toilet. We told them about that also. I don' t know if it was the building we were in that had the problem or if all the others did. We were near the laundry room and could see the dumpsters from our room. ROOM 134 I will never stay here again. Front Desk was nice and apologetic, Housekeepers were friendly. That is all the good I have to say about this place. It did have have a fenced dog cage for them to run that was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Don't get rooms in the back!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
RedRoofinnManagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Bay - St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

I do apologize for any inconvenience during your recent stay at our property. We recently took over this property and we are working hard to improve our service and also we are doing some renovations to the hotel. I personally would invite you come back and give us the opportunity to show you our new product. Please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance making any future reservation. Thanks,