“Some good Vietnamese food downtown...”
Review of La V

La V
Ranked #20 of 999 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The place was pretty busy for a Monday evening, with a couple big tables and a number of people at the bar. The noise level was pretty high. We were seated promptly, but it took our server awhile to come over and get our drink orders. By the time he came back with the drinks we were ready to order. The food was very good. We had the La V Rolls, Pork Pillows, Saigon Udon and the vermicelli bowl. Next time we will try the steak tartare, an interesting dish for a Vietnamese restaurant.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Bravo to La V for having the nerve to offer steak tartare, let alone applying a Vietnamese touch to it!

Suggested to me by the hotelier, finding steak tartare on the menu sealed the deal! A fresh batch of lean ground beef infused with Asian seasoning and topped with a dollop of Sriracha and served with light, crispy papadums was the perfect appetizer!

I followed it with Pho, opting for the addition of meatballs, going against my usual lean beef-only choice. The soup was served with the usual bean sprouts, Thai basil, lime and jalapenos. I was also presented with a sauce selection which included Sriracha, Sambal, house hot sauce, and sweet plum sauce. Since I had asked for additional spring onions, I was given my choice of both plain, and a mix that my server told me was a favorite served with many of their rice dishes. I could see why.

The pho was delicious. The only flaw (hey Cindy Crawford has a mole, that doesn't make her less beautiful!) was that I think the broth could stand an additional skimming, as there were clearly oily spots on the surface. But that didn't detract from the taste, which took to my seasoning (and the additional onion mix) and I returned the bowl completely empty.

Those who know me know I'm a pho-natic (I even have a collage of pho-tographs I've taken). Therefore, I'm happy to say, the next time I return to St. Pete, La V is on my list of places to stop!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The food here is very good. My only complaint is that the dining space is clean and modern, but a little less comfortable than I like. If you like that cool, modern dining experience, you'll be happy with the food and the environment.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I love Boba tea; a bubble tea with flavored chewy tapioca balls is so delicious I crave it. La V has it and you don't have to sit down and eat here to grab one to go. I thoroughly enjoyed the Chai Tea with Espresso Boba. I could have and should have ordered 3 so I'd have more when I got home. If you've never had one, stop by here and order one to your liking. This the place to get one.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The food was fantastic, unless you are like my husband, and dump the full dish of spice mixture to your wonton soup !! He is still spitting fire :-) This place provides great , fast service. I really enjoyed my dish/Pho.