All reviews ceviche boutique hotel great location downtown st within walking distance bars and restaurants st pete central avenue beach drive coffee maker pointe petersburg jannus nightlife marina
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

A/C went out at 4:30 in the morning. The desk clerk offered to give us another room and a late check out. she sent her manager an email reference giving us a discount after I said I didn’t want to move all my stuff I wanted compensation because I am not one to just hang out in a hotel room so moving to another room seemed ridiculous to me. I just wanted my husband to wake up and dress so we could leave. The TV sound had static on every channel, which was annoying. No microwave in room only had one package of coffee, no sugar or creamer for coffee.
Construction right outside window which hotel can not control but the windows curtains were so long that if we closed them they covered up the A/C vents, which after 0400 wouldn’t have mattered. There were shades which we closed but the light still came in the room. So if you like a dark room to sleep in this is a problem. The hotel is Art Deco style which I love but I think the bathrooms are Art Deco because they just haven’t been updated since the sixties. I had to cleaned the bathroom sink. I was a hotel maid in my teenage years so I see these things when I check into a hotel. I give the desk clerk 4 stars for trying but overall I do not recommend this hotel even if they give me compensation because of the A/C. Upon check out the manager tried to tell me the loud pop I heard wasn’t the A/C it was the outside canopy popping the in wind. So I had to explain to her that No the A/C was completely off, no power. I even unplugged and plugged it back in and still wouldn’t work. So she had the maid verify that it was broke since apparently she thinks I was just stupid. Then she gave us a whole ten percent off the cost of the room. So I guess I am giving this hotel five very sad faces no stars. I am sorry no photos because it was too hot to stay another second in the room!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Sightseer778449, Public Relations Manager at Ponce De Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry to hear that your stay was less than exceptional, as we here are all about Guaranteed Satisfaction for each and every one of our guests. The front desk offered a free exchange of rooms that you guys have declined as well as a free late checkout and price reduction. We are again sorry for your upsetting experience and we have made sure that maintenance has taken care of the issue. We hope we may have a chance to have you in the future and give you a fulfilling experience free of charge.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

The age of the Hotel intrigued us enough to stay here but the place definitely needs some work. The location is close to the bay and other attractions. That is the good things about this place. We booked for 3 people on Expedia but when we checked in they tried to charge us an extra $20.00 We showed them our reservation and they gave up on the charge. Like most older hotels the room and bathroom were small. The biggest problems were the bugs in 1 of the beds and the sheets that looked dirty. I would price other hotels in the area and pay more for a room than stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Sightseer778449, Public Relations Manager at Ponce De Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for your review and I apologize for the issues you experienced with reference to your reservation. I have discussed the issue with the attendant at duty . I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and I hope that we have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

On arriving, we were excited over the Hotel having a nostalgic look and being downtown near the waterfront. But, walking in the lobby, the strong overwhelming smell of a food spice was to much. The two bedroom two bath room is nice, but there was hair on the bathroom floor and wall, shower floor felt gritty. The bath amenities are nice, not standard supply. The pillow shams were not clean, very strong smell of men’s cologne, and smudged with something!! since they were up against the pillow, they also smelled. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and well dressed. I loved the wood floors and decorations. I will not return or recommend them. Their location is prime. I ran a 17 room hotel up north in Massachussettes. cleanliness is key!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I apologize for the issues you experienced with reference to your reservation. Please accept my apology, I have discussed the issue with the attendant at duty . I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and I hope that we have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

This hotel does not have all the bells and whistles as lets say a Hilton, but its a clean room for a night or two. It's a boutique hotel in a unique old building and you can't beat the price for the location. It's in the heart of St. Petersburg. So, if you would like to go out on the town for a night, catch an event, or maybe a ball game, it's a perfect place to stay. It's great if you want to enjoy downtown St. Petersburg and don't plan to spend much time in the room or much money on a room. For example, I live in Sarasota and went to Downtown St. Petersburg for a friend's birthday celebration. This was the perfect place for me to spend a night, and I would book a night here again.

P.S. They don't offer any parking, but I parked in a $10 a night parking garage near by.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your nice comments. I agree its a great neighborhood and excellent location. I am so glad you rated us one of the best hotel in St Petersburg FL . I have shared your views with my team and we all are thrilled and grateful. We appreciate your wonderful review and are looking forward to seeing you again .

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Room was a broom closet. Used Travelocity and thus became "prepaid customers" and got 2nd class treatment. On top of the smallest room I've ever seen it was also a handicapped room with an electric lift in the shower. TV. did not work and it took an hour to replace only to have the 2nd Tv fail also. The service was out thru the entire hotel and the staff attempted to hide the fact. Next morning it was obvious in the lobby hearing other guests complain. NO PARKING facilities...either park at a meter or blocks away in a municipal lot. The unloading zone was blocked by a red truck and we were compelled to carry our luggage from a ridiculous distance. Lastly, they played games with the rate. After booking I was offered the same room at two lower rates. Just do yourself a favor and pass this place by.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time from your day to post a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your experience provides us with valuable feedback, allowing us to continually strive to improve our guest satisfaction. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations and provide you with that perfect stay.