“Pretty typical marriott”

St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 December 2011

A standard of the Marriott line, the lobby is classy and expansive the rooms are not big but effective in size. We stayed in one half of a two door private access which allows for family stays to share two rooms. The layout is hotel standard many of us could navigate with a blindfold. The bed was comfortable and the lighting choices were above average. The maintenace is good with a little deferred item or two noted but not excessive. The room ws clean and all expected amenities were in place.
Overall this hotel fits the Marriott standard and is really convenitent access to business and fun. Didnt eat on site so cant rate.

Reviewed 24 December 2011

OK- I am picky about where I stay. Every place I go to I "check" the beds out. We have stayed at this hotel on "2" occasions before and had no problems. So I felt pretty confident about my stay. Long story short- upon check in I asked to check out the room first. Attendant said, "No, not allowed." THAT should be a warning to anyone. If they won't let you check the room out first- there is a "reason." Well I looked around the room, checked under the covers, saw a couple of old soiled spots on the bedspread, wasn't too thrilled with it. My husband said, "Oh come on..." as he just wanted to check in. I said no and lifted up the mattress to check out underneath. Well, we found a live bed bug nymph thing crawling around on the box spring. It took over an hour for us to stop being grossed out! Yuck!

Room Tip: Run Away- Fast
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank stpetegirl
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I decided to stay here for business because the Tampa Marriott was not available and I'm glad I did! This Marriott is very convenient as it is right next to both I-275 and the Gandy Bridge. I had no problem traveling to/from MacDill for business nor did I have problems going downtown for dinner. The property is very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The restaurant (Vincenzo's) was top-notch (see my review) and the fitness center had most of the equipment I needed for my workout. I will definitely stay here the next time business takes me to the area.

Room Tip: The Concierge Level is on the ninth floor.
Reviewed 17 December 2011

New property that is well maintained and boast a friendly staff. A refreshing departure from the same old stay in Largo.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

This is a nice hotel geared toward the business traveler. It is located near a business park. The rooms a typical Marriott and clean. I did not dine in the restaurant. They should have set up some rooms with the standard adjoining door. This hotel have an exterior door and two rooms inside that door which makes it difficult if you have children. The pool is small, but nice. The staff is very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Hollander Hotel
#3 of 43 in St. Petersburg
13.2 km away
Hyatt Place St. Petersburg / Downtown
Hyatt Place St. Petersburg / Dow...
#10 of 43 in St. Petersburg
12.6 km away
Avalon Hotel
Avalon Hotel
#1 of 43 in St. Petersburg

Been to St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater

Address: 12600 Roosevelt Blvd N, St. Petersburg, FL 33716-1931 (Formerly Radisson)
Region: United States > Florida > St. Petersburg
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#2 Green Hotel in St. Petersburg
#11 Business Hotel in St. Petersburg
#11 Romantic Hotel in St. Petersburg
Price Range: AU$221 - AU$496 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater 3.5*
This newly renovated nine-story St. Petersburg hotel offers travelers a new multi-compatible, ultra flexible guest room, featuring ergonomically designed desks with high-speed Internet access and 37-inch high definition flat screen TVs. Our St Petersburg hotel amenities include a 1,600 sq ft fitness center featuring Life Fitness equipment, complimentary wi-fi throughout public areas, courtesy shuttle to/from both airports and within a five mile radius, and complimentary parking for guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater Hotel St. Petersburg