Free cancellation until 27/07
Avalon Hotel(St. Petersburg)
USD 123
USD 115
Agoda.com
All reviewstexas roadhouseva hospitalwalmart parking lotmagnifying mirrorpancake machinedirector of salesfront deskbay pinesusb portsrooms were spotlessorange waterwithout powerbbq areajohns passshower floorpool was heatedbeyond the call of duty
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely time at this hotel. The general manager Brittany Kinney Was so helpful and understanding. She went beyond the call of duty and made our stay a memorable and send Mason line. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and thanks for all your help and outstanding service from your staff

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Chrisy H
seminolegm, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Petersburg - Madeira Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you so much Chrisy H! That truly means a lot. Reading such nice words like yours make me work even harder :-)! I'm so glad I could be hear for you! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We spent three nights at this hotel after seeing the high marks and reviews for it onTripAdvisor. We were disappointed. The room was dark and felt dated, the bathroom and entry floors were sticky, the carpet seemed dirty, and the bathtub drained very slowly. We booked a suite, which had an odd layout, with the couch crammed beside one of the beds. The lobby, dining area and “business center” were basically one big room without much appeal. The breakfast, while a step above continental, wasn’t anything special. The omelets were obviously heat and eat, the pancake “machine” was out of batter, and they were out of bananas “because the ones we have are too green.” We didn’t use the fitness center or pool so we can’t review those. The lobby staff was fine, but we found it strange that we had to weave through maids’ carts in the hallway when we returned to our room at 10:00 p.m. one night. All in all, this stay was disappointing.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank pennyk73

Pennyk, I'm so sorry to hear your stay was less than exceptional. I would love to speak to you more about this so I can specifically look at the room you stayed in. We truly appreciate the feedback regarding our lobby, dining area, and business center and will definitely pass it along. I have also followed up with our breakfast staff regarding the pancake machine and bananas.. I'm so sorry we dropped the ball. I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception. Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 727-914-7107 or seminolegsm@mphhotels.com.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I was on a business trip and I used your shuttle and Dawn was a great help to me she showed me all the places to go to have a fantastic dinner as well as picked me up on time and brought me back to the hotel the hotel itself has impeccable service I rate it a 5 on my list of 1 to 5.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Wow!! thank you so much! We love hearing we provided "impeccable service"! This is exactly what we strive for. I am definitely going to share your kind words with Dawn, she will be so excited! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel provides amazing service. They honored our requests for early check-in and late check-out even with a full house. Rooms and facilities were clean. The staff was helpful with great suggestions for restaurants and activities. Great location within minutes of everything.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
seminolegm, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Petersburg - Madeira Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thanks, Jenny! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and all of our awesome restaurants surrounding us! We hope to see you again soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Really good value for location. Short drive to public beaches. Front desk and breakfast staff were outstanding. Maid service was below average—floor sticky and beds not neatly made. I would stay here again if the dog situation was improved. As a dog lover, I have no problem with a dog friendly hotel. However our room, the hallway, and elevators had a strong scent of wet dog. Additionally dog barking started at 6:30 AM. A guest in the elevator mentioned that her dog was not reliably continent, yet she still brought it into breakfast the room. I suggest deep cleaning for dog odors, clear dog policy to be observed by guests, and locating dogs on a dog-friendly floor.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas R

Thank you for your feedback, Thomas. I truly apologize for the dog barking and the "strong scent of wet dog". We have actually just implemented an even deeper cleaning procedure for our dog rooms that we put into place this week. In the future please do not hesitate to reach out to the front desk about any noise you occur and we would be more than happy to address it immediately. If there is anything I can be of assistance with please reach out to me directly. So happy to hear the front desk and breakfast were outstanding :-)!

Brittany Kinney