“Fabulous ramen and surroundings!”
Review of Buya Izakaya Ramen

Buya Izakaya Ramen
Reserve with OpenTable
Buya Izakaya Ramen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 986 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Food and drinks were fantastic and owner gave us a tour. Atmosphere is warm and open, plenty of seating.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I were in Tampa visiting a few colleges and we had seen Buya on diners drive-ins and dives so we thought we would give it a try. We started out with the pepper appetizer which was very good my daughter had the chicken Ramen and at the suggestion of our waitress I had the short rib Ramen. The Ramen came in a large bowl with lots of noodles and very tasty, the atmosphere of the restaurant was pleasant and our waitress was very nice. We both enjoyed the meal. It’s not inexpensive but it’s really good.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Went there after seeing Triple D show. Expected something exceptional from reviews. I do not paying good money for good food, but $16 for Ramen soup? Not worth it and how much are ramen noodles? They noodles are ordinary. We ordered 2 draft beers, another $16. Had the chili pepper app, it was so so. Bill was $62 plus tip for lunch??? Will not be going back here, just not worth it.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Visited 10/14 with wife and had a wonderfully different experience. First time at Ramen restaurant, and all the food was great. The fried pork won-ton starter was top notch. Had the duck and the chicken Ramen and both were delicious. Extensive liquor menu with emphasis on Bourbons(Eagle Rare is a winner). No bread to start with and it is not needed as you will not leave this place hungry. Wife could only eat less than half of her dish. A great find(thanks triple D) and will be returning with friends.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I lived in Japan for 2 years and ate ramen there on a regular basis. Since then, I have eaten ramen in various places I’ve gone in the States for conferences or whatever. This place serves the best tonkotsu (pork bone broth) ramen and gyoza I have had in the States. The gyoza came out with a perfectly caramelized bottom, which is very authentic to Japan. The ramen noodles did not taste like they were just dried noodles thrown in the broth—I would wager they make them there and if not, they aren’t the Maruchan brand you often see here. I had the ginger creme brule for dessert and it was amazing. The ginger was not overpowering and it was just the right amount of sweet.

I highly recommend this place for someone looking for authentic tonkotsu ramen. The price is a little high for the extras (gyoza and dessert) but I think fair for the ramen.