“Oasis of sane and solid food on Beach Drive”
Review of Parkshore Grill

Parkshore Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Parkshore Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 0 - USD 40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Contemporary American restaurant focusing on the finest ingredients. Proteins are free range, natural, free of GMOs and antibiotics. Seafood is sustainably caught or farmed. Located on Beach Drive across the street from Straub Park overlooking the Vinoy Yacht Basin.
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I used to visit this restaurant a few times a month when I worked in downtown St. Petersburg. I was there recently last Sunday for a late lunch, having gone to an event nearby. I had not been in months. Their food is still good. They have some items on the menu for which some of my north-county friends travel the 30 minutes or so south--the crab and avocado salad being one of those. Tyson's Trio (which changes) can be appealing--order it with the salad with blue cheese and pecans and dried cranberries. Excellent fish usually and interestingly prepared. The best burger in town (which I had on this occasion). A great BLT, and a shrimp, avocado, and bacon wrap. And WHY does it also taste so great? Because they use Niman Ranch products, hormone and antibiotic free, as well as the same for the chicken. They try to do sustainable fish, too. Thank you, Chef Tyson, for your adherence to food that tastes great and is healthier for you. It is more expensive for St. Pete but relative to other restaurants with similar price points in the area, it's worth it, even without table cloths. Portions are substantial for the most part.
Service is fine: sometimes very attentive, and sometimes not. I guess it depends who the servers are, and how busy they are--some servers are fantastic even when busy. If they ever redo their cutlery, they should consider something with more equilibrium. I have a set of Dansk stainless like this (from our wedding registry) and I rarely use it. View of Tampa Bay is wonderful, if you eat outside.

1  Thank jayhawkmaxx
There are newer reviews for Parkshore Grill

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Last evening we met a couple whose wife went to school with my husband. Everything was truly great! The bartender was very friendly and funny. The meal itself was delicious. The service was excellent. Our waiter was a riot. We had a great evening!

Reviewed 23 March 2017

My wife and I ate here during our last night in St Petersburg this year. The food was exceptional and the service was perfect; professional and friendly. WE both had the night's special, striped bass; the catch of the day. It was cooked perfectly and presently beautifully. We started with drinks; the most perfect Manhattans we've had yet in St Pete! We started with oysters on the half shell; fresh, cold and sweet. For desert we had creme brulee; a perfect end to a perfect meal. This will now be our favorite go to seafood place during our annual visits to St Petersburg.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

The best Restaurant & Chef in St Petersburg! The service is excellent & the location is walking distance to Tampa Bay!
Our favorite restaurant in St Petersburg!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We made a reservation Saturday afternoon for that evening and were only able to get a high-top table in the bar area, but we snagged a quiet corner spot and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Their fresh heirloom tomatoes with creamy burrata were a real treat to two Coloradoans in March. My blackened tuna was cooked extra rare as requested and was just perfect. My husband's seafood risotto was exactly right, too. They had a nice list of wines by the glass and our waiter was both knowledgeable AND quick to check with the sommelier. Prices were high but not unreasonable, we though, for the high quality of food and service. We'll gladly return here if we find ourselves in St. Pete again.