1,931 results
All reviews live music jimmy b's bar players sports bar great music beach resort an older hotel great vacation st pete housekeeping staff gulf blvd toasted monkey spring break resort fee bands pools ava florida
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to give an accurate rating because with certain aspects of this restaurant it deserved a higher rating than the other. So I’ll settle on a two for the reasons listed below. Pretty upset with the customer service and management. $75 of ‘unaccounted charges’.

I went to this place on vacation and it was pretty cool you can get drinks on the beach as long as you stayed in the designated area. We had a drink each and then closed out paying cash.

We decided to stay a little longer at the beach, so we wanted to open a tab. The guy running the cart was pretty cool - friendly and kind. He also forgot my snack order, but it’s fine. I understand sometimes it’s easy to forget. However, did not mention every time you open a tab it’s $25. This $25 is supposed to charge your account to see if you have money in it and then go away. (it never went away. I had to call my bank to investigate this issue - more on this later). We only ordered 4 more drinks and closed out.

Then, we decided to grab some food at the indoor restaurant at the outside bar. Service was terrible here. (Now I’m a bartender and so is my boyfriend, so we totally get people have their days!) However, (I’m assuming) she probably thought we just were gonna be the stereotypical college kids and not tip or leave a bad one (which we never do - always 20% no matter the service). She practically ignored us and just seemed miserable. Maybe she had a bad day? Not sure, but hopefully it’s better!
Anyways, we ordered another round of drinks, and some food. Mind you, we aren’t even buzzed yet, we were spacing out our drinks throughout the course of the day while eating. We ordered an app, two entrees, another round of beer. The food and beer were good. We started a tab (because we had too).We ended up paying in cash. Charged another $25 to start a tab... another worker who refused to tell us that it charges to “check” the bank account even though we used the same card all day.

We went back to the beach, got another round and closed out. $25 later for charge again. Same card. Still no one telling us. And I’m almost positive that’s illegal.

We get home and find out over $75 are being charged on the card. We had to call the bank to investigate the issue. When we called the restaurant the manager said he would ‘look into it’ and call us back. They never did.

The only way it was removed from my account was my bank taking action.

I don’t recommend this place, but if you go, just be careful with tabs.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kelsey O
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nice rooms, beautiful views, My wife was most excited about the complimentary cabana on the beach. It was an easy walk to several top 10 St. Pete Beach restaurants and convenient to 75 for our next leg of the trip down to the Keys.

Room tip: all rooms face the inner courtyard
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I have stayed at other hotels in the area and this is by far my favorite. First of all the beach is beautiful here and has a great bar service. Jesse worked the beach bar for most of our days there and he was fantastic. The chairs and umbrella are included with room which is a nice addition. The location of this resort is perfect. We do not rent a car when we are there and all of the places we need are within walking distance. There is a 7/11 across the street which very handy and there is a publix and cvs that are about a half a mile away. We also love that there are a ton of top rated places to chose for dining within 1/2 radius of resort.
One of our favorite things about our stay was the nightly entertainment. They have all different genres of live music and we went every night. Such a fun thing to have right at the resort. Our typical day consisted of laying on the beach during the day and walking to dinner and then live music at Jimmys. We had a blast there!!! The rooms are fine, we spent little time in them anyway. More outlets would have been nice. The appeared clean and were what we needed.
Great staff and I loved how people remembered your name/face which made you feel very welcomed.
Shout out to all of these great staff members who made the stay that much better!!!Robert who helped us with our things during check in as there is not an elevator and was so kind, Kim at the front desk who was very helpful and accommodating at check in, Zach at Jimmys who was a fun and awesome bartender, Jeff who was the fastest server we have ever seen, and again Jesse who bartends on the beach!! Through out our entire stay we only encountered one staff member that was unpleasant/rude but thankfully those mentioned above made up for it.
We are already planning to come back when we are in the area again!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank hdavis79
Reviewed 29 March 2018

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way back from Sarasota to Tampa. After staying at quite the fancy resort in Longboat Key, we had done plenty of relaxing (which was great!) we were ready for a more upbeat location.The Beachcomber is right in the middle of St. Pete, with tons to do all around it, whether on the strip or at the beach (many beach bars and activities) This would be a great place for a beach bar hop! The rooms are just average, yet clean. But you really won't need to spend much time in there anyway, as there are two pools and a beautiful beach just steps away from your room! Jimmy B's is a super fun restaurant/bar with yummy food, great bands, and a lively atmosphere through the night. If you're looking for a good time at a good price, don't hesitate to stay here!

Room tip: Garden view rooms give you more privacy from Pool crowd and music from band.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

When we first arrived on a Friday night, I was concerned, since we were a family of four and the hotel seemed like party central—loud music blasting late into the night and beer in our freezer when we arrived. With our lowered expectations, we enjoyed our stay.

PROS:
-Great location.
-Great beach access. Resort fee includes two beach chairs with an umbrella or cabana, which closes at 5pm.
-Great beach bar with live music.
-Nice sports bar with free games (pinball, darts, pool, foosball, arcade games).
-Nice heated pools (one larger pool that wasn’t too crowded even though the hotel was sold out and a second smaller one).
-Resort staff was very responsive when we had issues (needed a cot, needed towels and toiletries when housekeeping didn’t service our room one day, faucet in shower was difficult to control, etc.).
-Nice having a mini-fridge and microwave in our room.
-Nice grounds.
-Gave us a late checkout (12pm).

CONS:
-BEWARE if traveling with young kids: We were given a room on the second floor with no elevator, which was quite difficult with an infant, toddler, car seat, and stroller. We asked about getting another room on the first floor, which they were unable to accommodate.
-Narrow parking lot with angled spots made it very difficult to park or get our car out of the lot.
-Sharp metal spikes sticking out of one of the bed frames. My husband hurt his leg quite badly on one and I worried about me and my kids hurting themselves on them.
-Loud music playing late at night.
-Housekeeping didn’t service our room one day for some reason.
-Small room and beds. Paid extra for a cot, which was VERY uncomfortable.
-Faucet in shower was difficult to control.

Trip type: Travelled with family