All reviews sandbar bills cheeseburger beach bar pete beach one bedroom apartment family owned rooms are clean year after year publix grocery across street beach front beautiful beach gulf boulevard great drinks laid back small kitchen treasure island
Reviewed 19 September 2017

There is a place on St Pete Beach that has stood the test of time, storms and whatever else is thrown at it and keeps on ticking. Its that beach side hotel your parents told you about, the one that reminds you how to relax. The one that is rich in tradition and family values. This place is the Bon Aire! Hurricane Irma rumbled through our little beach town the first week in September and it left many of us locals without power. My family and I were lucky enough to find shelter for the 7 days after Irma that we were without power to our home, at the Bon Aire. We just moved in June to this beautiful place called St Pete Beach and have been to SandBar Bills (the best beach bar in St Pete Beach,located at the bon aire) a few times on the recommendation of friends and always enjoyed ourselves, but it wasn't until our 7 days staying there that we really understood why this place is so special. The family that owns it I believe is now on their 4th generation. There is something to be said about a family run business, especially when they are "all in"! This place exudes the values of hard work and the best customer service. All of the employees act like they have a stake in the place, it shows how much the family influence rubs off on the employees. The rooms are great, some are apartments, some efficiency and some studios. You cant go wrong with any. All have been updated and the cleaning staff is remarkable too. When we arrived on the Monday after Irma, there was a ton of sand throughout the complex as you can imagine being on the beach. over the next few days the staff and locals from the community that frequent the Bon Aire came together to return the sand to the beach it was an all out effort and it was beautiful to see. I'm proud to say my daughter even got in on the act without her parents even suggesting she help, that little girl shoveled sand all day! I have tried to put into words how special this place is, but you must come see for yourself! Please do! Thanks to Cathy, Missy, Bill, Chandler, Ramsey, Matt, Olivia,Crystal,Jackie the cleaning staff, the maintenance staff, Clint and the cooks at SandBar Bills and everyone I may have missed for the best post Hurricane stay-cation we could have hoped for! You guys are truly the best on the beach!!!!

6  Thank Thomas S
CGBon-Aire, Manager at Bon Aire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Thomas S,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We loved having you and your family here, given the circumstances, and cannot thank you all enough for all of your help. We hope you come stay with us for a stay-cation some time in the near future!

Best Regards,
The Bon-Aire Staff

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Over the years we have visited Sandbar Bills hundreds of times even back when Bill was still alive God Bless his soul. The burgers and service was always fantastic. During a recent visit Hurricane Irma came to town. I needed to return to Pittsburgh for work. With no cellular service or wifi capabilities I was in a complicated situation to schedule a flight back. Just by chance and nowhere else to turn, I stopped in the Bonaire front office to see if anyone could assist me. I was greeted by Leslie who helped me make my flight arrangements, printed my ticket and was extremely helpful. Even when I ask Leslie if I could compensate her for her time she refused. Just told me she was glad she could be of assistance and told me to have a safe flight. What a wonderful lady and customer service at it's best. Thanks Again Leslie !
Marlene T.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Rex F
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Enjoy beautiful views from the beach bar and the BEST (freshest) burgers on the the beach! They prepare & make fresh burger patties every morning (never frozen)! My favorite is cheeseburger with a banana daiquiri! Check it out you won't be disappointed! Also, a great, clean, charming, friendly hotel located directly on St Petersburg beach!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Just spent 9 nights at the Bon Aire and loved it. Old south FL beachfront hotel. Nice staff, quiet, clean, on the beach. Great little beachfront bar, Sand Bar Bill's. It's close to everything. If you're looking for opulence, go somewhere else. If you're looking for how it used to be, stay here. I'll be back.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Our family spent 2 weeks at the Bon Aire Resort Motel in St. Pete Beach. We loved it. The Curotto family is the best with Cathy leading the way. Yes, it is an older 2 story family motel, but they really keep it up. Our room had a tremendous view of the Gulf of Mexico. You are just feet from the beach. They have 2 great pools to swim in and enjoy. And, Sand Bar Bill's is the best little bar and sandwich place on the beach. The Bon Aire is close to everything including Walgreen's and Publix. I highly recommend staying here. I do know, the same great people come back in July and have a lot of fun together.

Room tip: Stay on the 2nd floor with a view(north side). They are the best.
Date of stay: July 2017