All reviews sandbar bills cheeseburger beach bar pete beach one bedroom apartment family owned rooms are clean year after year publix grocery frozen drinks across street beach front great drinks gulf boulevard laid back small kitchen beautiful beach
Reviewed 21 July 2017

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in June. Our room was clean and everyone was very friendly. There is nothing fancy here but it is right on the beach, with pools and very family friendly. We spent some time by the pools and some time at the beach. It's close to restaurants and grocery store. We had a king bed & a small kitchen area. I would recommend this hotel to friends & family.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina133
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

If neon and retro are cool again, then the Bon-Aire is the Elvis of St.Pete. My wife and I stayed here Monday through Friday, and could not have been happier.

Actual keys to rooms? For the crowd born before 72 or so, that was a neat touch.

A few rooms on the very ends have some full ocean views. Most rooms have partial views from the balcony areas from what I could see. But, come on, get off your butt and outta your room for a few steps to have gorgeous ocean views.

If you are Ritz-Carlton kinda person. Move on, not for you.

Cleanliness and attention to little details going on all the time all over the property.

Sandbar Bill's, right in property, is a favorite burger and drink spot for locals, so that says a lot for the quality there. Fantastic cheeseburgers - Buffet would be proud.

Room was spotless and thoroughly cleaned each day.

Everything we needed was walking distance away, but we did do Lyft to John's pass and a fabulous restaurant, The Middle Grounds.

Two nice pools and a place that sits right on the beach: for my money you just can't beat it.

Bon-Aire, we will definitely stay here when next in St. Pete.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lance C
CGBon-Aire, Manager at Bon Aire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Lance C.,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the great review and kind words, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here twice with my husband and son. Once when he was a year and once when he was three. I like how the rooms have a kitchenette- lowers cost spent on food during trip and also much easier when you have a child. The pools are great and never too crowded. The snack bar has decent food and drinks when you don't want to cook. The motel is dated but clean. There are on site laundry services which is handy when traveling with children. Great location along the beach. Great home away from home.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed the property very much. We stayed in an efficiency which had a kitchenette with a 2 burner stove top, mini fridge, and microwave with pots, pans, plates, etc. The king bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever stayed in. They have a beach front bar & grill that had good food and drinks or you can walk a block or two down the road to buy your own groceries and alcohol. The beach was beautiful but there is no shade so you will have to rent umbrellas or bring your own. That didn't matter to us as the pools were so comfortable we spent a lot of our time there. Everyone on the staff we encountered was extremely nice and helpful. Looking back I can't really find anything that I would complain about. I plan on returning to this facility again and highly recommend this to anyone looking for any affordable place to vacation in such a beautiful place.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ssubycats
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Booked this hotel for a two night stay in June 2017. I was looking for a hotel that had a distinct “retro” feel that reminded me of places my grandparents would stay at in the 70’s. I found a lot of good reviews on the Bon-Aire and based on the pictures online I decided this would be a good fit. We arrived just after 4:00pm and our room was ready for us. The desk staff were very helpful giving us suggestions on places to eat and things to do. Despite the hotel being full when we were staying there we never had a problem finding parking.

Our room was in the center section with the pool that opened right onto the beach. The room was clearly renovated recently with fresh paint and a very clean look. The bathroom was especially well done, with new sink, toilet and a very attractively tiled shower. The king-sized bed was very comfortable and not too soft, which is a frequent problem I have with hotels. The room also had the biggest wall-mounted television I have ever seen in a hotel room. I didn’t measure it, but I would guess at least 56” in size. The room also had a kitchenette that included a two burner stove, microwave, coffee pot and mini fridge. The coffee supplied with the room was appreciated and allowed us to enjoy coffee on the beach in the mornings. We also used the stove to reheat some leftovers from a local place. They included all pots, pans, dishes and utensils to make simple meals in you plan on staying there longer. Also appreciated were the beach towels, since I never remember to pack those when we travel.

The grounds were very nicely landscaped and maintained. There are plantings everywhere that give the hotel a very nice look. While enjoying my morning coffee I observed the staff cleaning and preparing the grounds for day. The hotel opens right onto the beach and the hotel has provided beach chairs and a volleyball net for guests to use. The hotel does sit back a bit from the ocean, so you do have a bit of a walk to get to the water, but the all the white sand makes for a pretty view. The two pools are both heated and very nice.

Sandbar Bill’s in a small outdoor bar at the back of the hotel that sits right on the beach. It has a nice selection of food and drinks available. They are open until 10:00pm each night with food available to 8:00pm. You can sit at the bar or one of the many tables they have surrounding it. Prices were surprisingly reasonable for a place right on the beach.

I was very happy with this hotel and recommend it to anyone looking for that “Retro Florida” experience.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple