Beware families with small children...while Bongo's beach bar was a convenient for a drink and snack, the live music, shouting, chanting (I felt like a college frat party was IN my room with me) occurs until the bar closes. If you are going to stay, I strongly recommend that you ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel. Lots of weddings mean lots and lots of young wedding parties loudly celebrating all over the hotel, all night long - BUT the beach ceremonies were fun to watch. When I complained at the front desk in the morning they sent a $25 food voucher to the room. Fine, but for the price of the rooms and restaurant costs - it was a drop in the bucket. The manager didn't even come out of the office to speak with me himself, just sent his office staff out to relay the message.
Paid for a "Partial Beach View" - which it definitely was. The view from our 6th floor balcony was dirty roof and some parking lots. Views left and right were nice, but not sure that the Partial View was worth the money.
Food was decidely average - especially breakfast. Room service was prompt.
Talked to other servers at nearby restaurants, who filled us in on other hotels on the beach we will try next time.
Nice feature - the gift shop downstairs has family DVD rentals. It was convenient to grab a movie at the end of the day to watch with the kids before bedtime. Of course, they were OUT of earplugs.
We came a bit early and were able to check in early - which was nice. Others at the desk had to wait.
As others noted, elevators were very slow. No biggee for our family, we just trekked up and down the six flights if we got impatient, but not as easy for older guests or families with younger kids.
Beach was beautiful! Kids liked the Murphy bed. Bathroom was very small - as others noted. Room was clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel is located directly on the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The Resort features a wide selection of luxurious guestrooms with furnished private balconies and all the best full service resort amenities for the leisure or business travelers. Featuring 4 Restaurants - Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge, Level 11 Rooftop Lounge, Bongos Beach Bar & Grill, and the Palm Room Restaurant. 3 Lounges, Heated Swimming Pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, HostelWorld, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hotelopia and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel And Conference Center
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center St. Pete Beach, Florida