All reviews an older hotel nice pool staff was very friendly and helpful nice size ocean front laid back seafood george lighthouse steps boardwalk
Reviewed 3 February 2018

This is an older property that could stand a face lift but,Staff has been great ,rooms are clean.The Hyatt it is not,but again very good value and location.Our room was very nice size,small kitchen,and everything we could want for a beach side retreat.Stayed for over a week, and would stay here again without question.We were in room 317,ground floor by the pool and steps to the beach.

Room tip: Room 317,ground floor,right by the pool,and steps to the beach
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PirateJim6956
Best1996, General Manager at Buccaneer Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback! We rely on guests like you who give us their time and opinions. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to our property during your next visit to St. George Island.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Room smelled so bad it gave me a headache. Nasty carpet. Carpet in a beachfront hotel????? No way to make the gold 1960's tile in the bathroom look clean. Some had fallen off and were just stuck back on. Some of the tile around the toilet missing which was a complete dirt trap. Husband could not get walker through bathroom door. Cinderblock walls. No insulation. Could hear the partyiers as if they were in the room. Left their cups and bottles and cans on the ground outside. Place needs to be torn down and rebuilt. We are not picky travellers, but this place was disgusting!!!

Room tip: 1st floor rooms have no view of beach
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 135debraw
Best1996, Director of Sales at Buccaneer Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. My team and I value all forms of feedback, both positive and constructive, as a measuring tool to gauge how we are performing on an overall satisfaction level. It is, of course, with great concern to read the multitude of service failures that you experienced with us. I can certainly appreciate what an inconvenience this was for you as you were looking forward to a relaxing visit. In addition, I hope this does not dissuade you from staying with us again if your travel plans bring you back to St. George Island.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Lack of WiFi or cell phone coverage could be viewed as a plus. It’s right on one of the best beaches on the coast. It has an oven and dishes. It is a good place for going to the beach, but has now extra amenities. It was clean and I liked the dining table. Good restaurants are nearby.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank donaldw800
Reviewed 23 September 2017

It is what it is and an older hotel on the beach, room is old and it shows but it gets the job done and refrigerator in room kept beer cold and coffee pot in room helped in the morning. Nice pool and large deck looking at the ocean and the Blue Parrot next door and nice location in the center of the island. WIFI is spotty but this is the only hotel on beach so unless you are renting a house or condo this is your choice and enjoy the beach and do not stress on the shortcomings of this older hotel and just go enjoy.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank klemi
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Lipstick on a …. New wall art and a web page do not warrant the huge increase in prices. The beds are still terrible and the AC units are loud. The TV was small and the door locks all need to be replaced. But it is still the only hotel on the beach. I won’t be going down as often.

Room tip: Don't expect a lot and you won't be disappointed
  • Trip type: Travelled solo