“Close, Convenient, Clean”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jimdawg66
Acworth
“Ebb Tide is a 4 - Resort Vacation Properties is a 2 - Result of Stay a 3”
Reviewed 4 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

First, the house is a good value. It's a very short walk to the beach. Normally, I will only stay directly on a beach. In this case, with two dogs and very short notice, I had to settle for being just off the beach, In the case of Ebb Tide, it is very close to the beach and you still have views of the water from the home. Personally, I was pleasantly surprised.

The home is plenty large for 6-8 people and a couple of small dogs. It does need a furniture update but if I was running a beach rental property, I'd struggle to invest in that as well. The kitchen set-up is perfect for staying in and cooking (a good idea with St. George restaurants......yuk). And the shower and faucet set-up at the lowest level are perfect to clean yourself off before re-entering the home after a day at the beach. Again, I was pleased.

As for Resort Vacation Properties, well it got off to a nice start. Since the home was not rented for days prior to our stay, we were allowed in at 1pm. Upon entering, we found 4 dead roaches in different rooms. I am not freaked out about stuff like that. In fact, I'm glad they use an exterminator. But for others during our stay, it made them very uncomfortable. Had RVP made a simple same day look (their office is only one block away) at the house on the day we arrived, they could have easily taken care of this. The floors, beds, and furniture also had sand on them. Housekeeping was simply unacceptable.

The thing that really upset me was the fact our master bedroom had no working TV. On the evening of Day 1, we realized both the internet didn't work and the master bedroom TV was broken. No big deal for one day. So we called it in the next morning. A hour or so later, maintenance comes out and confirms both issues. They leave, and we never hear from them again. A phone call and an email went entirely unreturned. For what I paid for a three night stay, I deserved to hear something. And no.....the beach was not packed this weekend. It was a very quiet weekend at the end of the season. They did send the internet company. That group did fix that problem. But they weren't willing to address or discuss the TV issue. Had they called us back, I would have also asked for more than the one bath towel we had per bathroom.

If you can get a deal on this home, I'd still suggest staying at Ebb Tide. Just don't expect great service from RVP. Service appears to be the same as what you'll find in most of the area restaurants.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with teenagers Tourists
Rugged travelers
Management Response
3 Aug 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation rental experience with us and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Ebb Tide. We are disappointed that your experience with our company wasn't as positive. There is no excuse for not receiving a call back and we apologize. Upon researching the situation, it appears we did receive your messages but they were not forwarded to all of the appropriate departments. As our overall TripAdvisor Rating attests to, it is not normal for our company to provide anything less than stellar customer service and we will use this scenario in future training opportunities. Our Housekeeping Department consistently maintains high standards, but in this instance, it appears we did not and we are sorry for the discomfort this caused you and your guests. You are correct in that the home should have been better inspected prior to your arrival and we have forwarded this information to them. For our guests' convenience, it is our policy to provide one bath and hand towel plus a wash cloth for each person in the party and at anytime, we are happy to bring more. With regards to the TV, just after your departure it was determined that it would not be able to be repaired & so it has been replaced. We appreciate your willingness to share your experience and your honest feedback has provided us the opportunity to address these issues and to ensure that our policies are understood within each department. Again, please accept our apologies and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your trust. Sincerely, Resort Vacation Properties
Orlando

Tourists Rugged travelers
TN
Reviewed 7 December 2010 for a stay in November 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2010 for a stay in March 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Very near "downtown".
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
4 Jun 2010
Thank you for sharing your rental experience with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your vacation on St. George Island and your stay at Ebb Tide. We are delighted you had a "weeks worth of paradise!" We value your patronage and look forward to having you as our guest again soon. Be sure to check our website regularly for new specials and discounts.
Sincerely, Resort Vacation Properties
MAGOG, QC.Canada .
Reviewed 22 December 2009 for a stay in March 2009

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing