Open today: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Review Highlights
Family Holiday

Always have to visit the surf shop. My Son loves this place. Had to get gifts to take home for... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018
Debbie A
Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
Highly recommend!

My son had a surf lesson with Pancho and he loved it! Pancho was patient and encouraging, making... read more

Reviewed 28 July 2018
khlawson07
Concord,
via mobile

All reviews long board pit crew rented bikes boogie boards rash guard great store north florida these guys awesome experience lots of fun st augustine skate instructor gear waves apparel clint
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Our family took our first surf lesson and had a lots of fun although the ocean was really cold. The group lesson lasted approximately 2 hours and we spent time as a group and individually with our instructor in and out of the water. Giles, our instructor was always in the water whenever anyone in our group was in the water and was very concerned with insuring our safety as well as teaching us to surf. Brody & Will in the shop were great and answered all the questions we had as well as offered suggestions on other things to do in the area. I would definitely recommend The Pit Surf Shop to get out on the water and learn to surf. The only drawback was the air/water was very cold and detracted from the experience. Wetsuit and surfboard is included in the price of the lesson.

TIP: Don't go when the weather/water is cold. Much harder to concentrate and focus on learning.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We had friends from Maine visiting and their son wanted to take a surf lesson. Linus was the instructor and for 2 hours he gave 1 on 1 instructions to an 11 year old. He was patient and knowledgeable. I would use The Pit again.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My son and I went to the Pit Surf Shop to purchase some swim trunks for him. Ramona was a great help to us. Thank you, Ramona! If you're visiting St. Augustine, be sure to go to Pit Surf Shop. And while you're there, be sure to say, "Hi" to Ramona and Will!

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Best place we visited on st Augustine beach. The staff was really helpful on everything we wanted to do. They had the best rental equip from surfboards to bikes.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

The surf camp offered by the camp is excellent. You can bring your own board or a board will be provided. It is a short walk from the Pit, where the students meet, to the beach. The staff are all experienced surfers and do a great job with the kids. I knew my 12 year old daughter was safe and learning, and I was able to watch the class from the beach if I wished. Also, the staff makes sure the students have water and avoid excessive sun exposure. The staff is very conscientious and patient.

Date of experience: July 2017