2,015 results
All reviews beautiful hotel premium room flagler college resort fee beach club lightner museum lobby bar luxury hotel per day pool area valet staff within walking distance hotel restaurant perfect location hotel in st oldest city george street
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here while in town to visit my daughter. We were way under wowed. We expected so much more for the price and hype. I mean it was nice but the room was quite small and tucked back in a corner. Staff was really not that helpful or even available. Prices were definitely on the high side. One good thing is their location. Right downtown in the heart of St Augustine. We have no desire to return. Next time we’ll look elsewhere.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff H
Gerard R, Front Office Manager at Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We are always striving to improve on both our services and facilities to ensure your experience holds up to your expectations. We will be making some physical upgrades to our property over the next year or so, including our bathrooms and carpets. If you do return, feel free to contact myself directly so that I may handle your reservation personally. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues from occurring in the future.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

My wife and I checked in on 1-4-18 for a three night stay paid months before arrival at a cost of just under $1,000. Parking was good in valet parking although another $20 per night. People at the desk were very friendly and got us a room assigned to us. OUR ROOM - imagine receiving, at the price of $1,000, a room you could barely walk around inside of it. 24 feet by 15 feet with a king bed in the center. We were as registered there for a wedding, the closet in this room was 3 feet by 1.2 feet! This was a broom closet and they intended for us to put all of our clothes for a wedding into this.
BATH, my wife had just spent a fortune on getting her hair done for the wedding. I went into the bathroom and took a shower before the wedding. My wife started to shout that her hair was falling and this was when we found that the bathroom does not have an exhaust fan for the bath. I have written to the state of Florida regarding this matter as I believe this room should be condemned.
All of the night stands, desk, and bureau had glass tops on them and I would venture to say that they had never been removed and cleanned underneath. It looked to me that the edges of the glass had mildew beneath them, again a health risk as is no ventilation in a bathroom. Our maid service came at around 5:00 PM as we had thought she had just skipped our room.
Four (4) coffees were left by the coffee maker along with 2 paper cups, WHAT, paper cups in a $335 per night room.. I took a couple of friends to breakfast and ordered Bacon, eggs, grits, and toast along with a Quiche Lorraine and the cost was $72.42. My sponsored a bridal luncheon for 12 and the ost was $278. Everywhere you turned a hand was held out for tips even with outrageous room rates for a dump of a room. I felt that half of my room was used for elevator space I remodeling but my room shoud have been a maid's closet as it does not qualify for a room especially at what is called a resort, In remodeling this Hotel they forgot one thing and that is a person being able to sleep. Well you won't do it too well in room 202 because of street noise keeping you up until around 1:30 AM. My daughter's room has a large black circle on the ceiling in the bathroom that is definitely MOLD and is being reported to the city of St. Augustine health department as several of the people staying in the sweet on the 4th. Floor became ill. It isn't known the mold did it but it a possibility and the health dept needs to check this entire hotel out.
We have expressed our concerns to Mariott requesting a huge discount regarding this and are also requesting help from Florida department of business Regulation, St. Augustine Health department and another I will not mention.

Room Tip: As far as I could see go to another Hotel
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank JiamesB
Gerard R, Front Office Manager at Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

JiamesB,

As we do take these seriously, a member of our staff has reached out to you by email. Please respond if you would like to discuss further. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We enjoyed our stay at the centrally-located Casa Monica. Moroccan/Spanish architecture and furnishings are interesting. Room was quiet with excellent linens/mattress. Spacious bathroom. Lounge and coffee shop within the hotel are convenient.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I’ll start with the good news~the location is perfect and walkable to all of downtown St. Augustine. Super convenient to Flagler as well. I had 2 incredible salads from room service.
The bad news~Upon check in I was informed that the 2 queen room I had reserved was not available for my teenage son & me because “Bedding choices are not guaranteed”. WHAT?!?! My son looked at me with jaw dropped. After remaining more calm than I thought appropriate, I asked about every possible solution settling on separate rooms, each with a king bed which doubled my cost. Let me repeat that~their stupid policy that I obviously had no idea of and is absurd doubled my costs. Doubled.
So the awesome location was sort of ruined for me.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank ttimeatharrods
Gerard R, Front Office Manager at Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Good Morning, and thank you for your response. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your request for two queen beds. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our historic building, we are unable to guarantee bedding types. I understand the inconvenience, but we do communicate it on all of our confirmations that reservations are made for 1 King or 2 Queens. We try to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability, but unfortunately it is not always possible. Please reach out to me directly so that we may discuss your experience, as I cannot pull your reservation with the information given here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

The only thing going for this hotel is the location. Our room was basic, with a mystery wet spot on the floor that we avoided by covering it with a newspaper. Exorbitant fees did not reflect the mediocrity. We caught a "mistake" in our bill before we left and were able to get it corrected, however, our problem with the restaurant is very concerning. We came in for a light dinner one night and decided to use a gift card for part of the bill. We charged $20 and paid the balance and gratuity in cash. We got our receipts, and everything seemed to be okay. When we got home, I decided to check the balance of the gift card and was surprised to see that they took $30 instead of $20. I called and then sent copies of our receipts and was told someone would get back to me. After leaving a half dozen unreturned messages, I decided to write this review. Funny, isn't it, how billing errors never favor the customer.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trippers786

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and providing your honest feedback.

We sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. It is unacceptable that you have attempted to contact someone to resolve this issue without a response. I will be happy to assist in sorting this out personally and discuss some of the opportunities you have experienced, as I only have limited information on your stay. Please contact me at your convenience. We are always striving to improve on both our services and facilities to ensure your experience holds up to your expectations.
We are hoping to win back your loyalty and look forward to hearing from you.