2,019 results
All reviews beautiful hotel flagler college premium room resort fee beach club lightner museum lobby bar luxury hotel pool area per day valet staff within walking distance hotel restaurant perfect location hotel in st oldest city george street
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We enjoyed our stay at the centrally-located Casa Monica. Moroccan/Spanish architecture and furnishings are interesting. Room was quiet with excellent linens/mattress. Spacious bathroom. Lounge and coffee shop within the hotel are convenient.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I’ll start with the good news~the location is perfect and walkable to all of downtown St. Augustine. Super convenient to Flagler as well. I had 2 incredible salads from room service.
The bad news~Upon check in I was informed that the 2 queen room I had reserved was not available for my teenage son & me because “Bedding choices are not guaranteed”. WHAT?!?! My son looked at me with jaw dropped. After remaining more calm than I thought appropriate, I asked about every possible solution settling on separate rooms, each with a king bed which doubled my cost. Let me repeat that~their stupid policy that I obviously had no idea of and is absurd doubled my costs. Doubled.
So the awesome location was sort of ruined for me.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank ttimeatharrods
Gerard R, Front Office Manager at Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Good Morning, and thank you for your response. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your request for two queen beds. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our historic building, we are unable to guarantee bedding types. I understand the inconvenience, but we do communicate it on all of our confirmations that reservations are made for 1 King or 2 Queens. We try to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability, but unfortunately it is not always possible. Please reach out to me directly so that we may discuss your experience, as I cannot pull your reservation with the information given here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

The only thing going for this hotel is the location. Our room was basic, with a mystery wet spot on the floor that we avoided by covering it with a newspaper. Exorbitant fees did not reflect the mediocrity. We caught a "mistake" in our bill before we left and were able to get it corrected, however, our problem with the restaurant is very concerning. We came in for a light dinner one night and decided to use a gift card for part of the bill. We charged $20 and paid the balance and gratuity in cash. We got our receipts, and everything seemed to be okay. When we got home, I decided to check the balance of the gift card and was surprised to see that they took $30 instead of $20. I called and then sent copies of our receipts and was told someone would get back to me. After leaving a half dozen unreturned messages, I decided to write this review. Funny, isn't it, how billing errors never favor the customer.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trippers786

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and providing your honest feedback.

We sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. It is unacceptable that you have attempted to contact someone to resolve this issue without a response. I will be happy to assist in sorting this out personally and discuss some of the opportunities you have experienced, as I only have limited information on your stay. Please contact me at your convenience. We are always striving to improve on both our services and facilities to ensure your experience holds up to your expectations.
We are hoping to win back your loyalty and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

This Marriott brand is self important, obnoxious (front desk people are vacant and rude) liars (I am a long time Platinum Premier Member who has been lied to about no upgrades available when Marriott.com says different-but of course that is a website error according to Autograph Management-funny how it seems to happen so often at just this line of hotels). Four Autograph Collection visits and all the same. The Kessler collection must be for rude wealthy snobs in order to get proper service. Maybe I'll wear an ascot and velvet smoking jacket next time to see if that changes the playing field on a decent upgrade for 20 years of loyal service and almost 2000 nights on profile.
We enjoyed St. Augustine tremendously. A great town to say the least. We will be back! We will stay at the Hilton on the waterfront and pay for that property over using points at Casa Monica.
Regular folk, avoid this property. It's all about phony prestige. Stay elsewhere and come visit as it works well as a museum in the Flagler Collection of Hotels.
Also, the valet fees and resort fees are a combined $55 plus a night. The resort fee includes a 3 1/2 foot deep pool. No diving-you'll hurt yourself. What a rip-off property these Autograph Collections are. Who is Kessler anyway?
Stay at the Hilton on the Waterfront as I ran into many couples who raved over the difference as they stayed at the all too prestigious CASA MONICA before and encountered the same as me,

Room Tip: Suites-but you have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting one if your using points.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richards66
meredith k, Front Office Manager at Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Dear Guest Richards66,

I can understand your frustration after many attempts with The Autograph Collection and not receiving an upgrade. Please accept my sincere apology! I assure you the upgrade was not based on your attire as they are blocked day of arrival if available before the guest arrives to the hotel. I assume you stayed over the business holiday season and our 8 suites were booked prior to your arrival. If you would like to provide more information I would like to see what room was given to you, as we do try to upgrade our Platinum Premier, Platinum, and Gold members to a Premium room if one of the suites are not available. The premium room may not feel like an upgrade when compared to other hotels as we were built in 1888 and are a historic hotel. The Premium Room offers a more desirable accommodation vs. the standard room. The resort fee includes access to Serenata Beach Club which offers 3 pools and Beach Access in addition to many more amenities. Since you were not made aware of this if you will contact me directly I will be happy to remove the resort fee for you. I would like the opportunity to recover your loyalty if you would like to contact me directly.
Our Sincere Apology,
Meredith Klindtworth
Director of Rooms
904-827-1888

Reviewed 10 January 2018

First, let me start out by saying that I do NOT give 5 start reviews lightly. But this place blew me away. What an amazing stay. From the moment we pulled into the valet, we were transported into another world - a world of comfort, smiles, art, and mystery. The valet is through a cobble-stone tunnel in the middle of the hotel. A circa-turn-of-the-20th-century car was parked by the ballroom on the left, adding to the classic touch. The double doors opened into what can only be described as an oasis of color, music and aromas. The decor is both overwhelming and tasteful. Fountains, artwork, enormous comfy chairs. Wow.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful - everyone was, in fact. We got a suite in one of the turrets on the corner overlooking the Lightner museum across the street, with Flagler College across the other street. Gorgeous view. Gorgeous room. Dining area with wrought-iron chandelier, draperies, leather chairs and couch. Bedroom was exquisite. with chill music playing from the stereo upon arrival. Ornate mirrors hung on the walls. Very comfortable beds and bedding.

This was new years and we were greeted with a bottle of champagne on ice, with complimentary glasses. A nice touch. Good champagne, too.

The location was also perfect - right in the heart of the old town - close to everything, yet quiet.

Everything about this hotel was classy and cool. Every floor had great artwork. Even the stairwells were filled with artwork and furniture.

My only complaint was that we did not see or hear any ghosts. My wife read some crazy reviews which made her nervous - but made my daughter and I eager to explore! And explore we did - every single long, old, dimly-lit hallway, every stairwell, with creaking doors. But no ghosts. But we had a great time looking.

We will definitely be back. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Get room overlooking Lightner museum.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family