2,062 results
All reviews beautiful hotel costa brava flagler college premium room beach club lightner museum lobby bar per day spanish style valet staff luxury hotel hotel restaurant pool area is within walking distance perfect location hotel in st starbucks coffee
Reviewed 10 January 2018

First, let me start out by saying that I do NOT give 5 start reviews lightly. But this place blew me away. What an amazing stay. From the moment we pulled into the valet, we were transported into another world - a world of comfort, smiles, art, and mystery. The valet is through a cobble-stone tunnel in the middle of the hotel. A circa-turn-of-the-20th-century car was parked by the ballroom on the left, adding to the classic touch. The double doors opened into what can only be described as an oasis of color, music and aromas. The decor is both overwhelming and tasteful. Fountains, artwork, enormous comfy chairs. Wow.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful - everyone was, in fact. We got a suite in one of the turrets on the corner overlooking the Lightner museum across the street, with Flagler College across the other street. Gorgeous view. Gorgeous room. Dining area with wrought-iron chandelier, draperies, leather chairs and couch. Bedroom was exquisite. with chill music playing from the stereo upon arrival. Ornate mirrors hung on the walls. Very comfortable beds and bedding.

This was new years and we were greeted with a bottle of champagne on ice, with complimentary glasses. A nice touch. Good champagne, too.

The location was also perfect - right in the heart of the old town - close to everything, yet quiet.

Everything about this hotel was classy and cool. Every floor had great artwork. Even the stairwells were filled with artwork and furniture.

My only complaint was that we did not see or hear any ghosts. My wife read some crazy reviews which made her nervous - but made my daughter and I eager to explore! And explore we did - every single long, old, dimly-lit hallway, every stairwell, with creaking doors. But no ghosts. But we had a great time looking.

We will definitely be back. Enjoy your stay!

Room tip: Get room overlooking Lightner museum.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Stayed in St. Augustine one night before we headed to Orlando. This was my first time there and everything was beautiful. Casa Monica resort was clean, beautiful and welcoming. Staff is awesome, rooms were clean, and beautiful views. Booked a trip for June 2018 just so i can experience this again!

Room tip: A view of the pool was nice to wake up to
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel Is Nice... Not Sure of the 350$ Price tag... One Big issue is The Restaurant Being Completely Understaffed even during Slow Times... Food was Amazing...We Had 3 Of Our meals there during our stay. Dirty Tables And at Least 20 dirty Glasses sitting on the end of the Bar for over an Hour, also took at least 20 minutes for our Server to greet us. Overall nice place but for the cost they should have at least 2 more servers on.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank K9582WMbrians
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

This is a great 5 star hotel. Service is top notch and the location is perfect to make all attractions and restaurants walking distance. Valet parking only, but once you park there is no need for a car. Rooms reflect the historic preservation of the property and are clean and comfortable m

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Well I booked this through Expedia and I’m sure I told them 3 adults and I child, we always stay at the Casa Monica and have never had a bad experience, well they were very busy and when we got our room, there was only 1 King bed in a fairly small room, they brought us a fold away and now the room was very cramped, we decided to make the best of it. The staff and location couldn’t be better and I’ve never seen it so chaotic in the lobby, and the staff was amazing, parking is 25$ a day and they also charge 22$ resort fee on top of the rates, so just be aware of that. We’ve always loved this place but maybe we’ll try somewhere else next time.

2  Thank Gbluzy335