All reviews front desk welcome bag room was clean coffee machine historical area old jail the breakfast area older hotel trolley stop stay there again christmas lights free breakfast old town trolley convenient location fountain of youth yogurt very nice hotel
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This was by far the best Best Western I stayed in. We got upgraded to a suite which was not only very spacious but beautifully decorated. The staff was pleasant, breakfast offered a good variety - all in all, I could;t ask for more at a very, very reasonable price.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Victoria L, General Manager at Best Western Historical Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for such a glowing review of your stay with us here in beautiful St. Augustine! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. We were pleased to see you enjoyed our recently renovated suite as well as our complimentary breakfast. Come back soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

So I took my wife to The Best Western Historical Inn on the weekend of March 23 and 24th for her birthday. We reserved a King Size room. We arrived and found the refrigerator in the room overheating. We told the front desk and went out for the day. When we returned at 10:30 that night a new refrigerator was in the room. My wife tried to take her shower and realized that there was no hot water for the room. I went to the office thinking that maintenance would come and fix the heater. They go home at 4. Ryan, on the desk, told me that the room next to us was vacant and we could either "use the shower there" or move into that room. We chose to move into a room with two double beds. I am 6'2" tall and 285 pounds ... my wife doesnt fit in a double bed with me. Ryan only took $125 off our bill. Around 3 am, we realized that the air conditioner in our new room wasn't working right and would not cool off. Since it was Spring Break, other hotels were booked so we decided to stay and bare with it. The last time we tried to stay here, the air conditioner was also broken and they had no other rooms available so we had to leave the hotel.
We reserved a King Size room for my wifes birthday. My wife and I ended up not even being able to sleep in the same bed while we were there. Then, for the second time, the air conditioner was not working properly and I am assuming that they would rather inconvienence their paying customers (Rewards Members at that !!) than pay for maintenance to work some overtime. It is a real shame that their customers do not come first. That was the last time we will be staying at the Best Western Historical Inn. Taking $125 off of a bill does not compensate us for the disappointment and inconvenience experienced during our stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Victoria L, General Manager at Best Western Historical Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

On behalf of all of us here at Best Western Historical Inn I would like to offer our deepest apologies in regards to the maintenance issues you encountered during your stay. We do perform preventative maintenance on all of our rooms throughout the week and therefore found it surprising that both the hot water in your guest room and air conditioning unit were problematic during your 2 night stay. As we are a limited service property, typically a majority of our maintenance projects are completed between 8am and 4pm and therefore we do not have a maintenance team member on property in the evening hours. While we can certainly understand your frustrations we hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to welcome you back and WOW you with a true Best Western Historical Inn experience.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further I am happy to do so.

Please contact the property directly at 904-829-9088.

Thank you again for your feedback- its through candid comments such as yours that our property is able to grow.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Finishing up our 2 night quick break away from home - about a 2 hour drive. I was immediately impressed with the renovations. The decor of the room is lovely, floors really nice and beds and bedding are awesome. The bathroom is spacious and that shower head? I want one for my home! Jill at the front desk was very inviting and nice. Loved the snack back - really great idea. Breakfast was ok. The only changes I would make is to upgrade the a/c as it is a bit noisy. Also, while I love the sliding bathroom door, if someone has to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom the light shines through and illuminates the entire room. However, those things are very minor compared to all that's great about this place. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank kareni841
Victoria L, General Manager at Best Western Historical Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you for your kind words regarding our property! We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you for compliments regarding Jill. We agree she is wonderful and we are very fortunate to have her as a part of our team! We appreciate your feedback regarding the bathroom pocket door and will discuss options with our maintenance team on alternative bulbs to soften the light. We hope that you will come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We got a good price on this hotel and stayed a weekend for my husbands birthday. For the price we paid , can’t complain. It was an average of 100/night when the rest of the hotels in the area are 200 plus. Our room was recently updated with faux hardwood floors and tiled shower. We stayed in room 116 and it was at the end of the hall which happened to not be a good thing. The maids closet of supplies was right outside our room and every morning we heard all the noise very early as the door is paper thin and not sealed well ( you can see light coming through the large gaps). We were hoping to sleep in -as new parents we don’t get to do that , but alas the noise kept us from doing so. They offer breakfast but we didn’t try it- too many good eating options around. The room also had a fridge and microwave. The location is convenient to the downtown area and its a good value for the price , but not sure I would stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us here in beautiful St. Augustine. I apologize for the disruptive noises outside of your guest room and will follow up with my housekeeping manager regarding what we can do to eliminate noise while removing our cleaning carts from storage. We hope that upon your next visit you will provide us with another opportunity to 'WOW' you.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

My husband and I stayed for one night, just to sight-see the historical area. The hotel, room, and area were clean and updated. Also, the staff was very friendly. My only issue was that the hotel was about 1.5 miles to the area where there were things to do. If you do not mind the walk, it is a perfect location because the parking in the areas where there are things to do can be costly. Otherwise, a great stay at an affordable price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank lauradky1
Victoria L, General Manager at Best Western Historical Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Thank you for your review lauradky1! We were disappointed to see your dissatisfaction to the location of the property however one of the many perks of being outside of the hustle and bustle of downtown is complimentary parking. Upon your next visit to beautiful St. Augustine please let the Front Desk agents know if they can be of any assistance in organizing a $3.00 shuttle into downtown. We were pleased to see you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and look forward to welcoming you back!