“Deleted my review”
Review of Country Carriages

Country Carriages
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come join for a carriage ride through Downtown St Augustine. Our 40-45 minute tours give you a chance to sit back, relax, and enjoy the stories told by our guides of 450 yrs of days gone by. We also do weddings, proposals, family reunions, company parties and other special events. We are no longer offering horseback rides on the beach.
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

How convenient. I wrote a review that was less than stellar and for some reason it's no longer published. For 85 bucks, our romantic ride was nothing of the kind. The driver carried on a conversion with us for the entire trip, eye to eye for 80% of it. We got his whole life story. I wish I had the heart to tell him to shut up, but I was raised better. Just be warned and prepared to give specific instructions if you don't want the same experience. Needless to say, we won't return. For what is worth, I am local.

Date of experience: March 2017
3  Thank David S
jenncc, Owner at Country Carriages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Your review was deleted because it wasn't our company. There are 5 companies there and we all work from the same spot. We tried to contact you before it was removed and you would not respond to us

All reviews
"company"
in 11 reviews
"sadie"

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Fantastic carriage ride. Joe the driver presented a great historical tour and Doc the horse did a great job as well.

Jeff and Donna

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Jeff R
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

After enjoying our anniversary dinner in Old St. Augustine, we walked up to the riverfront where our guide Aaron and his beautiful white horse Dewayne were waiting to give carriage rides through the city. Aaron was very knowledgeable and Dewayne very gentle (and he clearly knew his route!). Even though we've been coming to S.A. for years, we still learned some interesting history on this carriage ride - and felt like we stepped back in time as we were the only travelers on some of the cobblestone streets at that time of the evening. Thanks!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I often come through St. Augustine for my work and she has always asked to ride the carriage. After dinner last night we decided to give it a go. Eric, our guide, was so courteous and a true gentleman. He told her all about Devin,the horse, and we set off to see the city dressed in lights and beautiful as always. But I have to say, there was a certain charm and magic to seeing it all this time from a horse drawn carriage. I noticed things I'd never noticed before and Eric taught us a little history as well. My daughter was so thrilled with the ride she didnt stop smiling all night. Thank you Eric for your chivalry and modest demeanor. She will always remember her horse drawn carriage ride in Sank Cogistine as she calls it

Date of experience: June 2017