“Charming way to see the city of St.Augustine with Gracious hosts”
Review of Country Carriages

Country Carriages
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Come join for a carriage ride through Downtown St Augustine. Our 40-45 minute tours give you a chance to sit back, relax, and enjoy the stories told by our guides of 450 yrs of days gone by. We also do weddings, proposals, family reunions, company parties and other special events. We are no longer offering horseback rides on the beach.
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I often come through St. Augustine for my work and she has always asked to ride the carriage. After dinner last night we decided to give it a go. Eric, our guide, was so courteous and a true gentleman. He told her all about Devin,the horse, and we set off to see the city dressed in lights and beautiful as always. But I have to say, there was a certain charm and magic to seeing it all this time from a horse drawn carriage. I noticed things I'd never noticed before and Eric taught us a little history as well. My daughter was so thrilled with the ride she didnt stop smiling all night. Thank you Eric for your chivalry and modest demeanor. She will always remember her horse drawn carriage ride in Sank Cogistine as she calls it

1  Thank BrittyB4
in 11 reviews
"aaron"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Joe arrived 5 minutes early and gave a very interesting and relaxing tour. We asked for the historical tour and he exceeded our expectations. We brought our drinks along and he dropped us off at our restaurant in time for our reservations. I definitely recommend this company (and Joe!) for a comfortable and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Our love lady providing 1HP transportation was Ms. Frieda and her caretaker was Mr. Roy. Both were full of personality and showed great southern hospitality on our adventure through St. Augustine. We learned many historical facts, and had a stop at Frieda's Grandma's house, the Georgia Nick Gallery, where Frieda proceeded to eat all of the tasty treats. A very special thank you to Country Carriages, Roy and Frieda for being a part of our trip to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We went for a ride just after dark. It was a beautiful night and during the tour we fell in love with St. Augustine. Our guide was fantastic and we felt that Bob was a well cared for horse. I didn't feel guilty about him working like I thought I might. He seemed happy and sweet.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Two older ladies and two great-grandchildren - that would be us - LOL. We drove down from Fernandina Beach to spend the day with the kids and take them on an outing. The kids were 8 and 10. Joe, our driver, gave us the option of his remaining silent or imparting his extensive knowledge of the toured area. We chose the latter and enjoyed all the history and tidbits of information that he shared. The kids enjoyed the ride as much as kids that age can. Joe was very kind, willing to answer questions and take our picture. We agreed that it was a nice way to get a look around town as well as learn some interesting facts. It was St. Patrick's Day as well as some type of biker festival so the town was very crowded. We had to park several blocks away. Again, it was an enjoyable time and relaxing way to see St. Augustine. The clip clop of Bob's hooves as we wove our way through the streets, enjoying the architecture and stories of days gone by, made a memory that will be long remembered. Thank you, Joe (and Bob) - great job!