“Cute and quaint and not a bad price for the area.”
Review of The Cozy Inn

The Cozy Inn
Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Cocoa
“Cute and quaint and not a bad price for the area.”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed overnight Valentines weekend...walked into town (appox 2 miles) stopped at little shops along the way. Very clean and friendly staff. Watch out for the cat though, he's super sweet but bites! Everyone else was booked up that weekend or had rooms at $250 and up so we decided to take our chances...Rooms very small and if you need a hair dryer, the front desk will bring one to you...does come with a microwave and a microfridge. Checkout is at 10 am which is earlier than most but at the same time check in is at 2pm. Definitely not a bed and breakfast so it shouldn't say that but if you read the website it does not say anywhere that breakfast is included and there is a little place called City Coffee which has great breakfast crossants and amazing coffee. for $89.00 a night you can't beat it being so close and we really weren't in it for the room since all we need it for was some sleepy time...the rest of the time was spent wandering around the city. I will definitely come back but next time I will splurge for the townhouse that comes with a full kitchen and stay the entire weeknd. For $135 you can't really beat it :)

Room Tip: Go for the townhouse
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stay anywhere but here.... rude owner.. smelly rooms.. overpriced cheap motel. Not a bed and breakfast. Walking distance? Try 40 blocks.. does not care about guests... rated 8.. are you kidding me? Ruined our romantic weekend. Stay at a B. & B downtown ... or a chain

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank pepperdo
Neil B, Owner at The Cozy Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
#1 I am the owner Neil Bonom and I never spoke to anyone regarding this negative comment.
#2 We are less than a mile from the Historic District and three blocks from the Fountain of Youth, Old Jail and the Sightseeing Train passes right in front of our door.
#3 We don't claim to be a Bed and Breakfast.
#4 We are #8 because we care for our guests and take pride in our small family owned property.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is a charming little place that is kept up wonderfully. We stayed in one of the motel rooms for the first night of our stay. It was spotless, but we wanted more space and upgraded to a Suite. The Suite was incredible! Everything was top of the line and I can't impress upon you how clean it was, which is always our main concern. The entire staff was wonderful from Lori and Connie, at the front desk to our housekeeper, Stephanie. We planned on staying three days and spent a full week. I could go on and on, in short. "GREAT FIND"!.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Delray Beach, FL
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We booked a room at the Cozy Inn 3 days in advance and check-in was a breeze. The manager was very friendly and helpful. Our unit was a townhouse across the street behind another building so no traffic noise. The Cozy Inn is a healthy walk from the tourist areas with the Fountain of Youth and the Old Jail being the close by. Our townhouse was attractively furnished. Lots of green including well cared for silk plants. The bedroom and bathroom were upstairs. Everything looked fairly new. There was a brown suede couch downstairs with the TV in a nook under the stairs (reminded me a little of a fireplace.)

You can tell I really want to like this privately owned Inn. I really do. But here's my problem. Right when we walked in the door there was an Airwick air-freshener plugged in and another upstairs. These give me a sore throat if I use them. I unplugged them and it got better but I know people who are really sensitive to this sort of thing. I tried to figure out what smell they were trying to mask and all I got was a possible hint of mildew and maybe a new carpet or paint smell. Nothing awful. We had a king sized bed and it was very firm. I know some may like this but I really hurting by morning. I don't know if all of their beds are like this. My husband seldom complains and even he said it was hard. There was also no luggage rack to put our suitcases on or dresser drawers to put our clothes in. There were however closets to hang things.

Other things you might want to know: The townhouse had two hotel style A/C units, not central air, which worked fine. The bedroom also has a ceiling fan. It had a box stall shower with a curtain. Quite cozy if you are showering with a friend. We didn't hear any noise until the next morning when our neighbor's kids started screaming. I am not sure any walls would have kept that noise out. They provide one parking space but if you have another vehicle you can park it on San Marco Ave free of charge. And lastly, they provided us with plenty of nice bath soaps and shampoo.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are on the same side of the street as the office. The rooms on the office side looked...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonutGoddess
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My wife & I decided on the St. Augustine for our 2nd wedding anniversary. We picked the Cozy Inn because of the price and location. Our initial booking experience was undesirable but (this will sound weird) our stay was so wonderful I cannot even recall what the issue was! Upon our arrival, the manager was present and as soon as he had our names he began profusely apologizing to the point where we almost had to ask him to stop. He seemed very sincere. The front desk staff was also extremely knowledgeable of the area and offered sightseeing and dining recommendations. Our room was absolutely gorgeous! We couldn’t believe we had paid such a modest price for such a beautiful, spacious & clean room. We were thoroughly pleased! This hotel has the highest recommendation of me & my wife

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple