“Undercooked food and slow service”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #309 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I ate here with my family tonight and wish we would have went somewhere else. We were seated fairly quickly as there wasn't a wait but after we ordered we waited nearly an hour before our entrees arrived. When our food did finally arrive it was lukewarm and some of it tasted like it had been sitting a while. My kids sliders were more burnt than cooked. My wife's salad was not her traditional salad she orders because they were out of the lettuce used for it and had to substitute an alternative which she was not happy with. Overall it was a bad experience and the meal should have been comped. I do not recommend this Chili's and recommend you eat elsewhere if you want to enjoy the food you're paying for. The only positive note I will give is that the chips and salsa were good as usual.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I used to love this chili’s went tonight with my family,server was fine at first.....
We sat in the lounge.
Ordered chips and queso as a starter,took a very long time to come out, almost like it sat waiting for someone to bring it to us?
Downhill from there..... chili’s used to be known for happy hour 2-4-1 now you pay 8.00 for one glass of wine..... no happy hour if there was one our server didn’t offer it to us?
Food took another 45 minutes and came out cold. Just terrible quality all around!!! YUCK
Asked the server for the check, 15 minutes later he was annoyed like we hadn’t paid and then when I asked for the check he pointed to the printer thing on the table like that’s the only way to pay?
Needless to say this will be my very last trip to this or any chili’s......Bad food, Bad service. Save your money chili’s is no longer good!

Guest Engagemen... T, Guest Relations Manager at Chili's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

We're genuinely disappointed that we struck out on your recent visit to our location, Kami. We certainly do hold our team to a higher standard and will be sure to share your feedback with them so that we can learn from it. Please take a moment to give us at a call at 1-800-983-4637 so we can make it up to you! Thanks!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Stopped to get a gift certificate for a young friend. The music was so loud that I could not/would not eat there if you paid me to do so. It seems they are pretty busy most of the time, so I guess the loudness of the place does not offend some clientele. Voices as well as the music make it uncomfortable for me and my older friends.
Cannot speak to the quality of the food as it has been a longtime since I ate there. Standard fare for a quick service sort of place.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We came in around 2pm on a Saturday and had no wait for a seat and amazingly quick service for our food and drinks. The waitress we got was friendly and helpful. Not a fan of the new menu (March 2018) but found a good ole reliable burger! Will visit this branch again when in town next time!

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Inlaws visiting they wanted to come to chilis .we haven't been to this restaurant in a long while .Crystal was our waitress one hell of a job she did everything came out hot and she was very attentive. Will be going back to see her as she was a pleasure to talk with besides her attention to detail she works wed thur fri for sure. If your in the area and want good food and great service stop in and ask for her.will be back