Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District
Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites over my Christmas break. However, after I checked out I realized I had left my kindle in the bed. I called them and asked if they could just let me know once they find it so I could just drop by. They said they would call right back..they never did. Two hours later I went to the hotel to ask them about it but they were so rude I could hardly believe it. I have never, met ruder and less professional staff in my life. I kept politely asking if they could just ask whomever cleaned my room if they had seen it. Rather they actually replied, "Its not like we hire a bunch of Mexican maids here." I never accused anyone of stealing or needed to hear such unprofessional attitudes. And once we talked to the maid she said she had not changed the sheets in the need but some random guy from Daytona that the contract the laundry through had. However, I only got the fact someone else but the maid was in the room after calling a cop. I even only called the cop so I could get a police report and maybe get reimbursed through my insurance for the kindle. However, they continued to be unbelievably rude and shoot me the dirtiest looks. As a former front desk employee I still cannot believe how rude and unprofessional (and kind of shifty) they all were. Do not stay here. Their are better hotels near the same place in the locale.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank LilyCL

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed one night on our way home from Disney. The staff was very upbeat and helpful. Check in and check out was quick. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The walls are a little thin so the neighbors could be heard a little. Breakfast was average. Plenty of parking with easy in and out. We will return again.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor for less noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IndianaJoe4
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed one night here. The hotel room we were in was old and outdated looking. The carpet was ripped and there was a little smell with it. The bathroom shower curtain was dirty. The breakfast was nice downstairs and since it is free there were tons of people so we had to wait to get a table. The bed was soft. It is in a good location and they will call the trains to come pick you up so we never had to drive unless it was night time. The parking lot backs up to a shady looking neighborhood. We were a little afraid to leave our car at night. I think if you are looking for a cheap place with no frills this is a good place. Matt said he would stay here again but I don't think I would want to.

Room Tip: Ask to face the back of the hotel. It will cut out some of the noise from the road in front.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Calicat06
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Very Dirty Jacuzzis, nasty gunk coming out of the jets and covering my Wife and I. Rude staff who refused to do anything about it and managers who refused to talk to us. It was our honeymoon weekend and my wife was in tears. I do not reccomend this hotel to any one.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa G
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We arrived at the hotel around 3pm. The woman at the front desk was very friendly. She even recommended places to eat and to hang out with the locals.

When we got the the room it was a bit stuffy, but once we turned on the AC if was fine. The room was OK, not luxury, no flat screen TV, but then this isn't really a 5-star hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable, I could ask for no more for the price. The hotel is a short 2-5 minute drive to almost everything in St. Augustine. Also, no charge for parking and FREE high speed internet.

Probably the best value about this hotel is that they include a hot breakfast. It was great; one day we had eggs and sausage and the next day they had french toast. They also have a waffle station, cereal, muffins and juices every day. With the prices in St. Augustine, that saves you about $30 for a couple of two every day. They also have coffee and cookies available free all day and all night.

Highly recommended, especially if you spend the majority of the day touring the city.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1.2 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Augustine Historic District
1.7 km away
Villa Victor, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Villa Victor, an Ascend Hotel Co...
#58 of 78 in St. Augustine
0.4 km away
Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District

Address: 231 San Marco Ave, St. Augustine, FL 32084-2725
Region: United States > Florida > St. Augustine
Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Price Range: $123 - $305 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and Hotels.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Augustine Downtown Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites St. Augustine Downtown Dist Hotel Saint Augustine