“Good Food at a Reasonable price overlooking the marina”
Review of A1A Ale Works

A1A Ale Works
Reserve with OpenTable
A1A Ale Works is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: USD 7 - USD 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stopped at A1A Ale House for dinner before an evening event. We found the food selection very good (mostly seafood on the menu, but something for every palate is available), and they also had a very nice beer selection to choose from.

If you care to eat outside they do have a good number of seats outside on the balcony. All in all a very nice experience with good service, good food and reasonable pricing.

And if you get positioned properly, you can have a view of the marina and the river (across the road, but since you are on the 2nd floor, a very nice view)

There are newer reviews for A1A Ale Works

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I was pleased with the friendly service, but highly disappointed in the cleanliness of the restaurant and taste of the food. I'm the type who looks at floors as soon as I walk into an establishment. When we walked in, that was the first thing I noticed (horribly-unkept and untidy floors throughout the kitchen and restaurant). The cloth napkins seemed worn/old/dingy, which could be why I initially felt they were dirty as well.

We ordered the fried calamari as an appetizer. It was fresh, well-bettered and very tender; however it tasted a little bland. I don't remember the name of the shrimp I ordered, but it was their version of coconut shrimp. It had a little more flavor than the calamari and the dijon vinaigrette it came with was tasty. I didn't care for the red beans & rice--it was lacking flavor as well. The fries were mediocre and on the soggy side. Not cool.

All in all, I was unimpressed and would probably not return. This experience was not worth their steep prices.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We stopped in to get out of the heat and grab a bite to eat. wow.. I only had their chicken Caesar salad, but it was delicious. The bar tender was super cool with a great sense of humor. The beer are ice cold, which is a great plus on such a hot day.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Went upstairs for a drink and a view with a view. Very relaxing while sitting on the balcony with a cocktail.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Recommended by our hotel. Able to walk over after driving all day.
Excellent beer choices. We each had the fish of the day (mahi mahi) sandwich, which was very good. I had sweet potato fries, which were also very well made.