“OK”
Review of La Pentola

La Pentola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Pentola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Service was very nice and meal was paced well. Brie appetizer was good. I had the grouper special with chimichurri sauce and my husband had the ribeye. His steak was drenched in sauce so it was just OK. We are inside which was fine but the outdoor patio has a nice atmosphere.

brananward, Public Relations Manager at La Pentola, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thanks so much for dining with us. We hope to have you back to enjoy dinner or brunch on our outdoor patio!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were on our way to Harry’s Seafood Bar and Grille but the wait was obnoxiously long. It was on my “to do” list since I was visiting from Dubai. Sadly we were on a time limit so we scrapped Harry’s and found ourselves at La Pentola.

It was an interesting yet wonderful find! When we arrived, it was dead. Only one other couple was inside. We also noticed that the vibe was incredibly classy and we both were wearing nerd T-shirt’s and jeans. Our waiter, Mark, loved our shirts and kicked off a conversation which lasted our entire stay. It wasn’t overbearing, just, he made a point to engage in conversation when refilling drinks or bringing out dishes. :)

My husband had the blackened chicken fettuccine alfredo and said it’s the best he’s ever had. I had the wild boar, which was one of the day’s specials. It was delicious. I also had the soup of the day which was a seafood chowder and there was SO MUCH seafood in it! I’ve had seafood showers before and some places tend to skip on the seafood chunks but this place was generous. It was amazing!

So even though we ended up at this place at random, I’m glad we did because we now have a new “spot” for the next time we’re in St. Augustine.

We're so glad that you found us! It must be fate! We hope to see you both again soon. Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

This restaurant is tucked away on Charlotte Street. We enjoyed the quiet and elegant, non-pretentious atmosphere, the food was delicious and the server/owner wonderful!

brananward, Public Relations Manager at La Pentola, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thanks so very much, it's always our pleasure!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This time My husband and I visited my family for Thanksgiving. We took a tour in St Augustine and then we had our last meal together at this restaurant, it was the first time for all of us and we all loved what we ordered and had a great time.
I think my favorite dishes were the escargot, the sesame ahí Tuna, and the baked Brie, even though they all were delicious.

We really appreciate you and your family's visit during the Thanksgiving Holiday! Seeing a loving family as they enjoy a meal together at La Pentola is really what it's all about for us here! Thank you!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Topnotch service by Maria! Delicious and tasty, great quality food from bread, our entrees to the key lime pie.

brananward, Public Relations Manager at La Pentola, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed your meal and service from Maria! Thank you so much for visiting and for taking the time to post your review!