“Oh so good”

Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My wife was here in January for a girl's weekend and tried O'Steen's. She was so impressed she brought me on this trip ... this place has awesome food! Most noteably the fried shrimp and the coconut creme pie.

Beware of two things but DO NOT let this stop you from going. #1 - cash only & #2 - small place so plan to wait. Otherwise GO GO GO!

1  Thank Scott B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,481)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I like to visit O'Steen's when we are in the St. Augustine area. We were headed to Amelia Island for the weekend then St. Augustine for a couple of days. Unfortunately when we would be staying in St. Augustine, O'Steen's is closed (Sunday and Monday).

Problem solved, we stopped on the way up to Amelia Island on Saturday. We got there at 1:15pm in the afternoon and was told at the window it would be an hour to hour and half wait.

Problem solved, we ordered two take out meals and decided that we would eat them in the front seat of our SUV. After placing our order and waiting about 15 minutes, we were enjoying a shrimp platter (so huge, sweet, and delicious) and oyster platter (so many and so large with a good light batter). We knew to request well done fries (perfectly cooked) that we enjoyed with the Cole slaw along with two perfectly done hush puppies (my wife is envy since she has tried several recipes to get hush puppies as good as O'Steen's).

Takeout was definitely the way to go! The restaurant is really no frills so not missing anything with takeout.

1  Thank Rhino2525
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Small, moderately priced restaurant. The place was packed; we waited for a short time, but it was worth it. The waitress was a delight. Best fried shrimp I have ever eaten, on her suggestion. Nice clam chowder too.

1  Thank NLB52
Reviewed 3 April 2018

What can I say. This place has been around even longer than me!
Great food at very reasonable prices. Some consider it a tourist trap because there is almost always a line of mostly out of towners waiting to eat here. It may be but its well worth the trip. Simple, honest food that taste's great, esp the fried shrimp at low prices. Its hard to beat O'Steen's. 4stars only because I reserve 5 for the top places in the nation I may have been to.

1  Thank D R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The shrimp was the lightest and most delicious of any I have ever had! Their homemade creamy cocktail sauce was the perfect accessory! Green beans were just like my grandma makes ❤️. And the sweet potato casserole was just as perfect. Such delicious flavors in this meal! We will be back!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member