“Favorite Lunch! 1/2 Salad! 1/2 Cuban Sandwich! Free Parking!!!”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Family-owned and operated for more than 113 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays. Please visit our website for the most current menu listings.
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Love eating at the Columbia. Atmosphere is wonderful. Food is delicious. My favorite is for lunch the the Half & Half special... 1902 Salad (freshly mixed at your table) and Cuban sandwich with awesome homemade bread. Wish I had it right now! Half and Half Combo: A choice of two, one half of a Cuban Sandwich, one half order of Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad® or a cup of soup. Cuban & Salad $12; Salad & Soup $12; Cuban & Soup $12. Please let me know if this was helpful.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,163)

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere is enchanting. The food is average. The service needs improvement.

I had an unpleasant experience when the server forged my handwriting and changed my tip to double. When, I realized that, I called to complain about it. They were not phased by it. It looks like the server might be related to the owner or manager.

So, double check your credit card statement.

1  Thank Dpine D
guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

We have strict processes in place governing how our employees handle bill payments with a guest’s credit card. Fraud is a serious issue and it is a firing offense. It is not acceptable that your server changed the tip. We have given these comments from your review to our management team for further investigation.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

The atmosphere is still impressive, but that was about it.
Mussels were not open and they smelled, opened mussels were stringy. Paella was lumpy rice, unopened mussels, small scallops, chewy shrimp. I used to love this place.
Server had a great personality, but again that was about it. She spilled seafood juice on my shirt and didn't even stop to apologize. Could not caramelize the Creme Brulee. Difficult to understand.
An expensive evening for food I could cook better myself. This was a Monday night, so maybe their better staff/cooks are off?

Thank you for choosing to dine with us. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your meal. At any time your food or experience does not reach your expectation, please let your server or a manager know, that way we will do what we can to fix the problem immediately, before you leave the restaurant.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with friends who had recently moved from Atlanta. It was their first time there. They loved the decor. Our waitress, Rebecca, was delightful, she took wonderful care of us throughout our evening. My girlfriend and I shared a Tapas sampler with spinach stuffed mushrooms, empanadas and lobster croquettes. All were delicious and perfectly prepared. Her husband had the seafood stuffed cannelloni. He loved it. We completed our evening with a walk down St. George St. Reminds me what a gem of a city this is. We will be back (to the Columbia and St. Augustine).

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

My favorite spot in st Augustine! The atmosphere is beautiful with floral and Spanish themed tile work and fountains. You feel like you’ve stepped out of the USA. The menu is a bit overwhelming, because the dishes are in Spanish which makes you read the descriptions for each dish but I didn’t mind. I sipped my fabulous red sangria and informed my waiter it would be a minute before I could read everything the restaurant had to offer. I order a flank steak with rice and plantains. Out of this world! I will try the flan when I return. This is such a staple for authentic Columbian food.