All reviews front desk old jail fountain of youth two queen beds old town trolley downtown area short drive augustine attractions remote microwave inns fort outlets
Reviewed 19 May 2018

It pains me to have to write anything at negative about this hotel because every single person working here was pleasant, friendly, and very helpful. And I think we met all of them! Manager, desk personnel, maids, maintenance, restaurant staff, etc. Wish I could remember some of the names for special mention!

When we first got there, I was about the 5th or 6th person in line. I really felt for the gentleman manning the desk. One computer was being worked on and down and he had a very difficult customer checking in. She questioned absolutely everything and gave him a hard time. Why do you need my identification, why do you need my license plate number it’s a rental car, for what purpose are you requesting my email, on and on- you get the point. She had a very thick European accent and for some reason this gave me joy since I’m always hearing how “obnoxious Americans are” lol. So, I’m the next person in line and they decide to try that second computer- didn’t work. What are you going to do- I just laughed it off. So, I finally get checked in and was really touched that I had been given an upgrade to a mini-suite.

The rooms had some renovations a couple of years ago and it was very nice. But, they did not re-do the bathrooms or entry tile and they really should have. When I first walked in I thought the tile was dirty, which always makes me automatically start checking other areas. It wasn’t dirt- it was just old and the paint in the bathroom was a bit chipped on the door. On closer inspection, I saw just how clean and spotless the suite was. I liked having the sofa and extra tv and of course love the Keurig. There’s a nice size refrigerator and microwave. I like the headboard with attached reading lights and loved the pillow selection. One challenge we had was the bed height! We’re a little on the short side and had to climb up into the bed. We got lots of laughs watching each other doing that!

Pool was a little on the small side but, it was a little chilly so I got that to myself. Nice jacuzzi and pleasant lounge area. There’s a laundry facility and on-site restaurant. We knew that breakfast was not complimentary and went down for a couple of mornings. First time it was very good- I had a spinach wrap with egg whites and breakfast potatoes- it was delicious. Second time wasn’t so good- turkey sausage didn’t have any flavor and tasted of microwave. But, the coffee was always good.

The location was convenient to Old Town and I would probably stay again.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank SStph
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Our stay here was quiet, found the staff very accommodating, bed was very comfortable, room was clean. What else could you want? Indoor pool, but it wasn’t quite hot enough for us. Good breakfast included.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I requested a quiet room and guess what I got a room by the lift and ice machine.. This caused a racquet all night. I asked for the fridge and A/C to be turned off and then I realised the Hotel's huge kitchen fans or A/C where underneath my room.

I pointed this out to the staff who didn't seemed bothered. I mentioned that I had been asked for my preference during booking so why had this been ignored!

Breakfast is not included, it was dry, overcooked eggs and dried up bacon.

Hotel is not very central and by a noisy road. Would not recc or stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Hi happyhelent,

I'm sorry to hear that your room preference was not met. Just a kind reminder, all requests are subject to availability on arrival and cannot be guaranteed. As a full service Holiday Inn, we offer bed and breakfast rates good for up to 2 adults per room. You may take advantage of this for future reservations. Unlike the Holiday Inn Express standard, breakfast can be purchased a la carte.

It's good to see that you found the room's upkeep adequate. Thank you for giving us the chance to host you. We hope to see you again!

Regards,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Outstanding customer service from Dimpho and Kyle. These guys know their jobs and how to take care of members. Keep up the contentment, you'll go far. I look forward to seeing you during my next trip to St Augustine, Fl.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

May 9...our 1 night stay overall was very nice. We got to the hotel a little after one pm. Only one person checking people in even though there were 4 people in line when we got there and there was another lady standing around the check in area. The lady behind the counter was very slow and could have really used some help. By the time I got up to the counter to checkin, I was told our room was not ready since we were there so early. We decided to go into the downtown area for lunch and I asked to be called when the room was ready which I assumed would be by 3 pm. At 3:30 I still had not heard anything and was then told that yes our room was ready. Our room (215), once we got there, was very nice and clean...we were very happy with it. We had breakfast vouchers which were good for either the buffet or off of the menu which I thought was very nice. We usually don’t do buffets so we ordered Eggs Benedict off the menu. However, the poached eggs were more like hard boiled eggs than poached... I was also a little confused because I had read online they had a courtesy shuttle to downtown but the fact is it was only a shuttle for the Old Town trolley tours. They did give us a number for a golf cart service ($3 pp) to drive us to the downtown area which worked nicely.

Room Tip: Room 215 was nice..the elevator was right outside the door.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Hi bxmt54!

It's a pleasure hosting you even for just one night! We also welcome your thoughts!

First of all, I'm very sorry that you and our hotel staff got off the wrong foot because of a delay in the check in process. I also recognize the issues with our poached egg at our restaurant and confusion with our shuttle service.

I know that these details matter. That said, I reviewed your comments with our Front Desk Manager and F&B Manager. I'm sure they'll take the necessary steps to correct the lapses in service that you mentioned.

On the bright side, I'm glad that you liked your clean and cozy room. You can count on us in making sure that we'll always be on point with this every time.

Again, thanks for your time! We'll be delighted to welcome you back, so we can continue creating great memories together!

Safe travels,