“Something for everyone in our group!”
Review of The Mermaid Cafe - CLOSED

The Mermaid Cafe
Price range: USD 7 - USD 20
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Inside cafe dining in a unique atmosphere or outdoor courtyard with balcony overlooking historic downtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I used happycow.net to find this gem for lunch with my mother and daughter. I don't eat meat, my daughter does sometimes, and my mother is an omnivore. We were all able to find something delicious!
The menu offered many choices and the service was quite good!

Reviewed 8 December 2014

Very friendly owners and the food was great and night time entertainment was fun. also can smoke hookahs.

Reviewed 15 November 2014 via mobile

We eat here about every other week. The mermaid decor is really cute. Mermaids every where!!!

The staff is friendly and the food is not bad I know they are still tweaking the menu so we are happy to see what's new.

My husband loves the spicy minorcan chowder and shrimp and grits. I like the island chicken and turkey pita.

My only negative is the dessert selection. They only have crepes. I have suggested a home made key lime and coconut pie be added. Hope they listen!!!!!!

Reviewed 12 October 2014

This attracted us because of the name, my niece loves mermaids and we thought it might be fun, you gotta eat. Was pricey like a steak and seafood restaurant will be but what really got us was the server's lack of listening skills. My niece who is a budget,wanted to split the platter with her friend, would have been plenty of food for two, but the server ignored her, we felt she heard what was said, but when the food came there were 3 platters for 3 people, that left her with a much smaller tip. The Gouda Cheese grits would have been good had they been served warm. I am not a fan of the dijonaise sauce, it is too mayonnaisey for my taste but when I asked for it on the side, the server suggested that the fish would be too dry. This made be wonder if it came pre-made not fresh, also, learn to cook your fish, if you can ruin Mahi Mahi than you shouldn't serve it. Too many other choices to risk bad service.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

..that alot of the reviews below for this place are for the recently opened Mermaids on the beachside (near Seagrove/A1A/beachside) and NOT for the address shown. Check the St. Augustine Beach TA listing.

2  Thank chase77