“Always Reliable, Tastes Great, and a Good Price”
Review of Meehan's Irish Pub

Meehan's Irish Pub
Ranked #83 of 626 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eat, Drink, and be Irish! You'll always have a wonderful time at Meehan's, located on the waterfront in downtown Saint Augustine, FL. Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House is the place for locals and visitors to feel right at home in our comfortable traditional Irish Pub, Backyard or Johnny's Oyster Bar. Have a pint, swap a story, and stay for dinner. Traditional Irish food and signature seafood dishes are our specialty including, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Fish & Chips, and Shepherd's Pie. We have a variety of burgers and sandwiches, as well as a raw seafood bar and local seafood favorites. Try one of our signature dishes - Bangers & Mash, a popular dish, as well as, the Seafood Tower. Johnny's Oyster Bar upstairs has a full bar and a fabulous deck where you can overlook the Matanzas River while you dine. Join us in our "Backyard" at our Island Cafe & Tropical Bar for a Caribbean style menu and atmosphere. The pints are cold but the welcome is always warm, come join us anytime at Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Meehan's has a great location just across from the bay. The food has always been good and it is one of our favorite restaurants to visit. The fish and chips are just as good as in England. The beer is cold and the taps must be kept very clean since the taste is very crisp. The seafood tower is amazing. The macaroni and cheese appetizer is big enough for a meal or definitely can be shared. The cheeses used in this dish are really smooth and flavorful and the toasted breadcrumbs on top are just the right touch. the bar in the back looked likes lots of fun and we are going to try it on our next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,635)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This was a good choice in St. Augustine. You can sit outdoors in the front, facing the water, or outdoors in the back (or inside). The food is standard pub food and is excellent. I can't wait to return and have that grilled Mahi sandwich again. The coleslaw served with it was fresh and delicious and service was casual but competent.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I spotted this restaurant on my first day of touring on the trolley and decided to come back for lunch the next day. Was looking forward to oysters on the half shell and was disappointed at the size of them for the price :$10 and very small; not much flavor ( maybe these oysters from Louisiana were all that we're available). The Irish clam chowder was tasty, but in my opinion was too thick. I sat on the second floor balcony-the ground floor balcony view consists of traffic whizzing by and the occasional parked delivery truck that blocks the entire view-and had a nice view of the water, and enjoyed my glass of Sauvignon Blanc while watching the activity. Five star view, two star oysters, 2 1/2 star soup.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My sisters, daughters, niece and I just had lunch at Meehan's Irish Pub. We were seated on the second floor balcony overlooking the bay. I wanted sun and my sister wanted shade. We were both pleased because one person could sit under a roof and I sat on a bar stool in the sun. The beer was so cold. Loved the peel and eat shrimp and my sister and I split a fish and chips platter. They actually split the meal up for us- had on 2 separate plates. Everyone was very satisfied with their food, the view and the staff!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Cute place across from the water. But, the Ruben which was good, on marbled rye was made with processed corned beef. No Irish pub should serve processed anything. The fries were not hot when served. They were average. Good fries are not that difficult. The fellow next to us reported that the Sheppard's pie was good. The burgers were large, looked good. They do not make blended margaritas or anything. The prices were reasonable.