All reviews indoor pool front desk pancake machine dunkin donuts historic district the breakfast area room was clean breakfast staff the general manager minute drive free breakfast would definitely stay here again convenient location very nice hotel hot breakfast visiting st yogurt
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Booked for a vacation in the area. Hotel staff were nice & friendly & hotel was generally clean & kept but we did have several issues that would prevent us from booking again.
The first is access. The hotel shares an entrance with another directly in front. You can only turn right out of the hotel which is the opposite of St. Augustine. In the mornings & evenings traffic is backed up for blocks & it is difficult to get out. When you finally do, you must go several blocks to the other side of the freeway to get to turn around and head back. On several mornings it was a 10 / 15 min ordeal to get out. Next, we had the Hot water issue that other reviewers did. In the morning the water is so hot it will scald you and you can't turn it off..even when opening the cold only. This must be as result of a plumbing mistake or a valve that is letting the hot water backup into the cold lines overnight...you have to let the hot run & run & run then turn it almost off to get a shower. The shower head was caked with corrosion & build up.While the room appeared clean we found the guest chair to be dirty and unacceptable to sit in. Not sure what the stains were but the chair should be cleaned or removed. And finally, there was a fire alarm / evacuation of the hotel with 8 fire trucks arriving. No fire was found and the issue was reported to be a " water system pressure problem" ..we are grateful that no fire occurred but this further served to diminish our experience at this location.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jenna B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry you didn't have too great of a stay. While the traffic incidents are unfortunate, there is really nothing we can do about where we are located and what we are located near. Most people really don't have any issues with the traffic, but during peak times (rush hour) it can get backed up, just as it could anywhere you travel. As for the hot water, it has been looked into and is currently being fixed and I am sorry that it was part of your experience! We will also have maintenance take a look at the chairs and get those stains removed! I also apologize about the fire alarm, I was actually on the property and we were trying everything we can to get the alarm silenced. Unfortunately there are things we cannot control and we would appreciate understanding in that matter. Thanks for all the feedback.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel was beautiful. Very very clean. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was average. But sitting area for breakfast was clean. What was really nice is pool was open til 11 so my daughter could swim even though we got in late.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank henn3
Jenna B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

henn3,
Thank you for leaving a review! I am glad you had a nice time at our hotel, and your daughter was able to swim in our indoor pool!
We appreciate all of the compliments to our hotel, we take them very seriously.
Come and see us again!
Best regards,
Jenna B

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here tomakesaled calls in the area. Arrived Friday and left Sunday. Great room. Very nice comp breakfast. Staff very friendly. Just a few hundred feet off I95. Lots of good places to eat in St Augustine. Nice size room. Compcoffee 24 hours.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank S3808TOrobertw
Jenna B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Robert W,
Thanks for stopping by our hotel! I am glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We appreciate the review, we hope you come back and see us!
Best regards,
Jenna B

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Hotel is located just off I95 next to Dunkin Donuts. If you are driving to downtown St. Augustine its about a 12 minute drive. Our room was on the 2nd floor, a double-queen with plenty of space and comfortable beds. Very clean room and shower/bathroom area. A full breakfast was provided that included 2 different omelets, turkey and pork sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, pastries and bread. There was also a pancake maker that was easy to use. Juices, milk, and coffee as well. We had no issues during our stay -- hotel was quiet and plenty of lighting outside and parking availability. Everything about this hotel was great.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank bcampa24
Jenna B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Thank you so much for the detailed review. We appreciate all the feedback. It sounds like you had a nice stay at our hotel and we hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Check-in was quick, & staff were polite. After a long drive, we wanted to relax a bit before searching for dinner in old Augustine. OOPS! A member of the housekeeping staff entered room without knocking, then quickly left after finding the room occupied. About 10 minutes later, the door opened again: OOPS! keys to the room were issued to another traveler. It did get corrected immediately. Next morning, we talked to the hotel manager who was most apologetic and provided a very satisfactory solution.

Room was otherwise quite comfortable and fairly quiet. Breakfast was nice, with adequate room for all. Bedroom and bathroom were immaculate.

If I were searching for a hotel near I-95, I'd gladly stay here again. However, if I was to visit Old St. Augustine for touring again, I think we'd prefer to be closer in.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. I am SO sorry that someone walked in on you not only once, but twice. I am not sure why the housekeeper would have entered the room without knocking, and I will personally look into that issue. I also apologize for the room key mix up, but I am glad it was resolved quickly. Other than that, I am glad you had a nice stay and everything was clean and comfortable for you. We are only a short drive to Old Town, but if you'd like to be even closer, we understand. We hope to see you again!