“Great Time for the Whole Family”
Review of Spanish Quarter Museum - CLOSED

Spanish Quarter Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: A recreated 18th century village with people in period dress explaining the tasks and atmosphere of the times.
Reviewed 16 October 2015

We had a great time learning about the history of St. Augustine here with our guide Grimm. The museum has outside and inside displays. There are large colorful plaques detailing items and areas in English and Spanish. You can go on a guided tour or walk around by yourself. The tower offers great 360 views.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

The Spanish Quarter is now incorporated into the Colonial Quarter Tour. Grimm was our docent and he did an outstanding job of explaining 300 years of history. Grimm's demonstration at the blacksmith shop was exact to the time period. Enjoyed watching the heating of the fire and forming the iron. Grimm gave the guided portion of tour and then you could visit all the buildings at your own pace.

4  Thank kythoro
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

I was a little worried it would be too "kiddy" for my husband and me ( with no kids) but it was very fun and very interesting! Our tour guide, Grimm, was hilarious

Reviewed 10 August 2015

Our tour guide LaPorta gave a highly animated hour long tour of the history of St. Augustine. She was absolutely amazing, dressed in colonial wardrobe that she made by hand. She demonstrated weaponry and blacksmith technique with skill and expertise. She had the children in the tour completely engaged despite the hot Florida sushine in August. My husband and I were there for our honeymoon and we plan to visit the Colonial Quarter again next year. We also enjoyed both the pub and the tavern on the property, 10% discount with our museum purchase - known for award winning sangrias! It was awesome and LaPorta was the best tour guide I've ever met!

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

My family and I visited the Spanish Quarter and we were very impressed! Our tour guide, La Porta, was excellent! We had a great time!