All reviews safari room victorian room palm room gas fireplace view room cordova street each morning within walking distance b and b owners and staff perfect location jacuzzi tub home away from home great hosts historic district other guests parked our car
Reviewed 24 March 2016

The initial impression of our B&B was positive. It was well located, easy to find & close to walking most places of interest in the historic heart of the city. Lots of restaurants & , shops, museums historic sights, galleries. Our Innkeeper had recommended a great restaurant. Upon returning to our room the room started to reveal less then ideal features. The window sills had leaks around the glass and frames and an unsightly attempt at sealing one of these leaks only drew our attention to other flaws.
The furniture ie.bed was a double or smaller and we were too big for it, not to mention it creaked every move you made.
Linens were nice but the positioning and age of furniture ie. sofa seat was frayed and worn and not comfortable. Carpet needed replacing with numerous stains. The cupboard that housed the TV was at an awkward angle which didn't allow watching it from bed.
The ensuite was okay and had a jetted tub. Enjoyed the soaps.
Upon going to bed needed earplugs as the bass guitar and drum beat carried on until 1:00 am. Alas I needed to get sleep and mid morning vehicles roared and idled for what seemed like half an hour. Needless to say I tried to not let this spoil the next day.
The breakfast was very good and enjoyed the conversation around the breakfast table with other guests. I am sorry if & when we return to the area we would book well in advance and not last minute like we did on this occasion. Took several contacts to receive an email receipt of our payment. Much right but room for improvement. Half of the B in B&B.

Room tip: Choose one not facing the street.
Date of stay: February 2016
3  Thank TopazBritishColumbia
Reviewed 18 March 2016

We booked this bed and breakfast day of (and within hours of our arrival) after perusing several other nearby accommodations that were either double in price or booked solid (our fault for choosing spring break as our vacation time). Upon arriving we were given a choice of lovely rooms (the jaccuzzi tub ended up being the selling point) and I was surprised to find that they prompted us on food allergies and I was able to get a complete gluten free breakfast the next morning, I had come in expecting to have to fend for myself but boy was I wrong! The innkeepers are lovely and helpful without being suffocating and the setup was charming but not overly ornate and stuffy. I enjoyed my meals which kept me full well past lunch and everything from our ghost tours to the trolley was only a short walk away! We will definitely be returning in the near future.

Room tip: Spring for the Jacuzzi tub when available, it's heavenly.
1  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 18 March 2016

A beautiful B&B conveniently located within walking distance to most all of the shopping, history and restaurants you'll want to visit while being in Saint Augustine. Walk up to a delicious breakfast. Our room overlooked the street and we enjoyed hearing the clippity clop of the horses and their carriages going by.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank lori s
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

I would say that the interior is comfy. The bed was a bit creaky and the pillows were a bit lumpy. The shower and bathroom was just fine. Breakfast was quite tasty, ample and nicely prepared. The exterior of the building needs some major repairs.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoelK382
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful weekend in St Augustine. Centennial House is in a perfect location - short walk to everything, and we were made to feel most welcome from the moment we arrived. Beautiful rooms, tasty breakfast and wonderful staff. I'd highly recommend Centennial House to others and would have no hesitation in returning.

Trip type: Travelled with family