“Love this place "but"”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Love the Village Inn restaurants but need friendly service. Does your server need to be friendly even if they do all the right things for your table? I think so. Dining out is not a cheap experience especially with a family. I would like service with a smile. It also effects the size of the tip for me. I am a good tipper but if I don't get good service I don't feel I get full value and I don't tip as well as I would have. This Village Inn is a good one in a good location in St Augustine. Good parking and clean bathrooms. Love the food. Our waitress may have been having a bad day but American waiters are not professionals. They are not well trained like in Europe. In Europe waiters got to school to learn their often lifelong craft. Doesn't mean in Europe they are all great either but the waiter/waitress is the "ambassador" for the restaurant. I would recommend this Village Inn but the "manager" sets the tone for the restaurant and this manager needs to work on his/her wait staff.

Henry G, Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback! Thank you for visiting us!

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We were on our way out of town and stopped in for breakfast. They have a large selection and the service was very fast and friendly. We really enjoyed breakfast here.

1  Thank LeadFoot2014
Henry G, Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you so much for your review! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

My daughter is visiting from Tampa and her favorite breakfast place is the Village Inn . Breakfast menu is huge everything from pancakes, eggs benedict , biscuits & gravy , cornbeef & hash , french toast & waffles . I ordered the fresh spinach , bacon & cheese omelette ,it was delicious with a side of fresh fruit . My husband & daughter ordered the skillets which are unbelievable huge with lots of options & daughters boyfriend ordered the smothered breakfast burrito Huge !! which had potatoes, eggs, cheddar , onion & tomatoes. Needless to say everyone enjoyed & rolled out feeling full

1  Thank dj0553

Thank your for your outstanding review! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Whenever we are in St. Augustine we usually have breakfast here every day. The portions are huge, the waitresses are very friendly & the service is great. Their menu has quite a variety, including "build your own breakfast". Plus on Wednesday, it's free pie! How can you beat that?

1  Thank J-K-B10_85
Henry G, Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

the pie is great and the staff is too. We enjoyed the couple of times we ate there and i appreciated that they stay open late.

1  Thank Jennifer S

Thank you very much for your 5 Star review! Come back soon!