“Bangers and Mash - so yummy!”
Review of The Ice House Pub

The Ice House Pub
Ranked #16 of 167 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: CUSTOMER WARING, The Menu being shown on this site TripAvisor is incorrect. We will not honor anything from this link. There is a company called LOCU that has stolen a old menu and placed it on this site. And now they are blackmailing us, We have to buy there service if we want to have the correct info. It's just wrong.
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We stopped here today on our SW FL Food Tour. We had bangers and mash - it was delicious. The selection of beer is amazing. The owner came to our table and told us about the building and the restaurant. We will return, we really enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank barbeegee

Reviewed 22 April 2017

It once was an old Ice House, housing 30-50 foot ice blocks, but it's now a British themed pub serving yummy British fare and a ton of beers to choose from. The manager stopped over to chat and shared its history with us. I had their delicious bangers & mashed and ate every last bite! It has a multiple room, open atmosphere and is not brightly lit inside, but I expected that from a British Pub. Every inch of wall is covered with interesting British memorabilia including their darts area. A definite must try!

1  Thank Twins02042010
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Awesome food and a fantastic array of draft beers! Local brewers and worldly craft beers! Loved the chicken and dumpling soup....totally homemade. Blackened fish of the day was a hit too. Great place all around.

1  Thank Cory G
Reviewed 21 April 2017

My husband and I went with a group. They did not have a table large enough to seat us! The place is huge; there were 12 of us. We were seated in the back where dart boards are. So we sat at different tables. Service was poor. I asked our waitress for silverware but she never remembered to bring it. I shared a napkin with my husband and used his fork. Our table was done and the other table just getting their food. It was our first time eating here and since my husband is a big craft beer person we wanted to try it so we'd be able to take friends who visit from the North. While our experience was bad one would suspect you might enjoy sitting at the bar without food. I asked friends what was good and was told nothing was good but not awful. That does pretty much sum it up. I ordered the Fish and Chips figuring that was bound to be good. No, it's not. Fish was soggy, almost tasteless, fries tasteless. Only saving grace was there was Malt Vinegar to drown it with. Husband ordered Cottage Pie which he said was mediocre but satisfying. From what I saw I say if you have to eat get a burger or salad. Very limited menu. They only serve wine and beer. Good selection of beer not great on wine. No Pinot Noir. Merlot was decent but $9. a glass! The only good thing we've been here and would now never bring guests.

2  Thank grapetomato
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Stopped in for lunch. Staff were pleasant, food was a bit bland (ordered a cottage pie).

We opted to dine outside, where there are tables and a bar with television for sporting events. As I sat there, I couldn't help but notice the extremely inebriated patrons still being served alcohol...at just past midday! They couldn't walk.

They then started smoking, but with enough of a breeze it really didn't affect me. What did affect me, however, was the PUBLIC URINATION IN THE CAR PARK! With diners a few feet away, this was an absolute DISGUST!!

The owner of this venue should exercise some level of responsibility in turning away these types of patrons and certainly should STOP serving them alcohol! The pair then climbed into their car with obvious intent to drink drive. INCREDIBLE!

4  Thank David S