“Birthday dinner”
Review of The Perfect Caper

The Perfect Caper
Reserve with OpenTable
The Perfect Caper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 166 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Price range: USD 40 - USD 60
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nesbit St.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was our 3rd time at Perfect Caper and as usual it was excellent! We celebrated a dear friend's birthday and he was very pleased. This is a perfect restaurant for celebrating any special occasion and there is a private room. Our server Noelle was friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, attentive and professional. The food was on point. We ordered mussels, fried soft shell crab, and foie gras and they were all excellent. The salads were also very tasty and well prepared: house chopped salad, baby greens and housemade mozzarella with tomatoes. The entrees we ordered were all excellent as well: Angus sirloin strip, scallops, lamb with gnocchi and pappardelle with mushrooms. I highly recommend Perfect Caper.

1  Thank Jin C

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

One of the best and most expensive restaurants we have been to in Punta Gorda. From the olive focaccia to the filo wrapped shrimp and the perfectly cooked scallops the meal was terrific delicious and well presented. Service was excellent. The only downside was the gingerbread and ice cream dessert. The gingerbread cake was heated up in the microwave which made the texture rubbery and too chewy as well as interfering with the flavor. Worth a visit but it is expensive.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The lamb ragout with gnocchi made me think of nursing home food - Grey, bland and not worth eating. I had about five bites and that was enough. Surprisingly no one asked me what I thought of my supper. I’ve eaten here four or five times a year in the past but food quality has gone down. Overpriced for what you get, l revoke my older recommendation.

1  Thank figures98765
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been going to the perfect caper sent it open. Of the many times I’ve been there I’ve always been treated with the Best service and food quality in this area. The food and food prep some of the best I’ve ever had and the servers in the personnel are friendly very efficient and informative. I highly recommend it if you’re in this area but it is a little pricey but worth it

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This was one of the best meals I've had in Punta Gorda so far. I had the Shrimp and Grits and my husband had the pappardelle pasta with mushrooms. Both were excellent and so was the service. A little pricey but worth it!