“Interesting ”

Babcock Ranch Preserve
Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

There is alot of wildlife at Babcock Ranch Preserve mostly alligators on my trip we saw alligators,birds and a Panther we saw no snakes apart from two of them at the fronton glass boxes . Our guide Joe was really good except the speaker system is not very good I had a great time there and I hope you do to there . enjoy

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Had a fabulous tour guide, Terry who knew everything and made it such a pleasurable day. Very fortunate to see a lot of wildlife. A relaxing tour, did not feel rushed.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

We bought the groupon and enjoyed a tour and lunch it was an enjoyable time for all ages!! My 4 year old LOVED all the various animals that we saw!!

Reviewed 27 March 2016

I purchased this tour from Groupon as something to do with family while on vacation. I had read very positive reviews and this did not disappoint! Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the preserve, its history as well as the wildlife that we encountered. I would recommend this to anyone who likes nature, learning about the history of the area or just fun! Our tour was full of people of all ages and everyone enjoyed themselves.

2  Thank Jen H
Cheryl D, Manager at Babcock Ranch Preserve, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Thank you for your review and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 March 2016

My wife and I and another couple decided, based on friends recommendation to take the Babcock Wilderness Adventure tour. You should have reservations and depending on the temperature forecast, it may be cooler taking the 10 AM 1.5 hour tour.

The bus is completely open with now windows and you should take cameras. (Note that they use school buses with the fixed seats designed for children. If you have legs like mine, be prepared to be cramped.) We saw cattle, alligators, turkeys, sand hill cranes, turtles, lots of different kinds of birds. Our guide and driver did an excellent job of narration.and she was very knowledgeable on plants, wildlife and cattle on the preserve, along with the history of the ranch.

The only suggestion other than relocate the seats for more leg roomI would have is to fix the sound system on the bus. Those close to the speakers were overwhelmed by the high volume. Provide a better sound system with more speakers along the bus.

Thank you for your review and suggestions. We are always looking for ideas and improvement on the tours. (Seats with more space are a popular suggestion!)